Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone with some firsthand knowledge about clutch solenoidss? Need to know which one actually clamps/releases the clutches when taking off.
My clutches starting dragging few months ago. It'd creep in gear at idle and hard to move shifter with engine running. Had clutch cover update done last week a long with new clutches. Its still dragging. Clutches aren't fully released at idle. Yea idle speed is correct. They didn't do clutch relearn so I'm trying that first. Next step is replacing that solenoid.
Thanks in advance,
Delton

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BBEEE6EA D9BC 443A 8429 EA1E09791EC1
7558C79B B3FA 4A3C 90C0 50B2B99B3115

Reactions: Delton
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks buddy. I've done relearn before when old clutches started dragging. Hoping it does some good this time.
Sounds good, I have the newest manual so if you need me to look anything up let me know. 😉

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good, I have the newest manual so if you need me to look anything up let me know. 😉
Really appreciate that. I have shop manual. But doesn't do good job of explaining which solenoid does what lol. Clymer needs to come out with a manual for these.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Relearn seems to have done the trick. It shifts through all the gears idling with ease. Thankful it doesn't need tore into again. Thanks guys!!

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Would a solenoid have anythjng to do with my low gear situation. Once i low gear it goes to shift from 1st to 2nd and its like its not engaging properly. Just makes a clunk noise. But runs good in high gear?

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would a solenoid have anythjng to do with my low gear situation. Once i low gear it goes to shift from 1st to 2nd and its like its not engaging properly. Just makes a clunk noise. But runs good in high gear?
I can't see how a solenoid would work in high but not low. Im thinking you got something else going on

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Would there be different selinoids for high abd low?

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had it dealship but had to take it home bc of virus and he said there seems to be a short possibly, talked about relays? Dudnt get to much into it. Trying to figure it out. Also i did the clutch relearning thing and i thought it was fixed as i had it in low and acually was able to hit the gas and go then i went for a ride qnd stopped put it in low to tey again and it was back to the clunk as soon as i touch the gas.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had it dealship but had to take it home bc of virus and he said there seems to be a short possibly, talked about relays? Dudnt get to much into it. Trying to figure it out. Also i did the clutch relearning thing and i thought it was fixed as i had it in low and acually was able to hit the gas and go then i went for a ride qnd stopped put it in low to tey again and it was back to the clunk as soon as i touch the gas.
If it's clunking sounds more like engagement issue in sub trans. Has it ever grinded going into low?

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No hasn't grinded i even drained the oil and put new stuff to.make sure there was no metal chunks. But yes that sounds more like what im getting at the engagement seems off. As soon as its getting ready to switch to 2nd gear its clunks like its not fully engaged properly. And i stop right away bc its not a healthy sound.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!