P1000 Clutch Update...Still waiting on the dealer.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Took my machine in to the dealer on September 7th to get all of the recalls taken care of. Made the appointment two weeks before then, and they said they were ordering the parts at that time. Long story short, the machine is still sitting there, and they’re telling me they’re waiting on parts to perform the clutch recall. It’s approaching a month now. Anyone else have there’s in that long to get this crap done?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It only takes a few hours to install the new clutch cover. Should only take them a couple days to receive the parts. If they have had since Sept7th you may want to pick up and take elsewhere. Is this a powerhouse dealer or a multi brand dealer? Generally speaking I think the powerhouse or single brand dealers are more on top of their game.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s a multi-brand dealer. Plus, they just started selling compact tractors and mini-x’s.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Agree with Dragfoot. This has become a pretty routine fix now, sounds like they don’t want your business. Multi dealers are the worst imo. Is there a Honda dealer anywhere close?

I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took my machine in to the dealer on September 7th to get all of the recalls taken care of. Made the appointment two weeks before then, and they said they were ordering the parts at that time. Long story short, the machine is still sitting there, and they’re telling me they’re waiting on parts to perform the clutch recall. It’s approaching a month now. Anyone else have there’s in that long to get this crap done?

I am from Wisconsin who is the dealer? so I don't go to them.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My powerhouse dealer schedules the recalls out for three weeks. They will do them on your scheduled day while you wait. I had shoulder surgery so I carried mine in and left it on September 10th. They said they would see about working it in, got a call on September 27th saying it was ready. Not much of a difference on getting it back quicker.

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
Worm237

Worm237

Jul 11, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2017 P1000 and only just now scheduled its first 20 hr service. Unfortunately I had unplanned back surgery after its purchase and only have the 20 hours on it currently. I got the exhaust shield and cabin comfort update from Honda but nothing about a clutch cover. What year models are affected by the clutch cover update? Thanks in advance.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 and 2017 models are affected the update runs till September 2020
I think to have the update done

Reactions: Worm237 and BWAF
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t some of the late model 17s already come with the new cover? Mine was an early 17 model and mine had to be replaced.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t some of the late model 17s already come with the new cover? Mine was an early 17 model and mine had to be replaced.
Yes. But it was very late in the build year.
We had posted a build date somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and Little_g
Worm237

Worm237

Jul 11, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Called the dealership today to go over any and all recalls and was told there was not one (clutch cover recall) for my P1000. My appt is next Wed and they have my VIN and was going to make sure. I bought my SxS in Aug 2017. So far just the throttle body check, exhaust shield and cabin comfort kit are all that my unit requires.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Called the dealership today to go over any and all recalls and was told there was not one (clutch cover recall) for my P1000. My appt is next Wed and they have my VIN and was going to make sure. I bought my SxS in Aug 2017. So far just the throttle body check, exhaust shield and cabin comfort kit are all that my unit requires.
It may have already came with it updated.

Reactions: BWAF and Worm237

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!