Coastal Maine!

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
Hey!

I've been lurking the forums for a bit now, I have not got a Pioneer yet, but I will have some time in the future.... Truth be told this side by side fascination started with the RZR, reality set in after I realized I have two small children and a wife who probably don't want to buzz along the rocky.... Wait..... VERY rocky cost of Maine in a bullet.... After some realization that's not what I wanted either I want to enjoy the trails..... So then my focus shifted.... And I started researching the TERYX.... and I was wicked psyched!.... Until I began reading of mechanical failures, and people being stranded hours from their homes..... I thought to myself "That is not acceptable...." While on the teryx forum I came across a comparison that laid out the positive and negative of both the Kawasaki and the Honda and I immediately thought "which dumb dumb chose the Kawasaki?" It had just occurred to me that I never even tried a search for a Honda 4 seater because I didn't know they even had a one! (I've always been an off road enthusiast with no money to be enthusiastic... Lol)..... long story short I am very excited to be on the pioneer wagon.... But am still one year from actually being able to purchase.... My hopes are, by 2015 Honda will have introduced a model with a little more power, and maybe selectable hi/low. End novel. (Pardon no paragraph's, on a tablet)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Jaykup20, Welcome to the community. It sounds as though you will fit right in. The Honda is the choice when it comes to reliability. Sure its not the fastest, most bad a$$ SxS on the trail... well I want get into the tortoise and the hair.. You know the story. lol... If you have any questions that you are pondering do not be afraid to ask. There is no question too small as we all are in the process of trying to reverse engineer our Pioneer's to fit our own needs.

So jump in and most of all... Have Fun!
Look foward to your post.
HondaSxS

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome Jaykup20! I have a friend with a Teryx and he loves it. Kawasaki makes great machines. I still have a Mule and its been a great machine also. Having said that, I'm still partial to Honda as I've ridden them my whole life. I've had my Pioneer over a month now and absolutely love it. The rear seats are one of the slickest designs to ever be developed for a SxS. It's just so much fun to take friends and family along and then switch to work mode at any time without having a limousine!

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
YES! I would be lying if I said the folding seats were not a large selling point..... And the 1000lb payload was also appealing! So far the forum has been great for answering most of my questions..... Thanks for the warm welcome!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jaykup20 said:
YES! I would be lying if I said the folding seats were not a large selling point..... And the 1000lb payload was also appealing! So far the forum has been great for answering most of my questions..... Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome again hopefully when you get your 2015 all you questions will be answered and you will have her set up like you want in no time.

The transforming bed gives it the SxS equivalent of the mobility of a 2 door jeep, the passenger capacity of a 4door jeep and the carrying capacity a 1 ton pickup. All in the same SxS you don't have to choose one and be stuck with the downsides the rest of the time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!