P700m4 Cockpit dust ? Roof length

Z

zrxkaw

Apr 5, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was wondering if you get more dust in cockpit from the rear draft by using a full roof or just over front. With windshield of course.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
It doesn't matter. Roof on or off doesn't change anything with a full shield.The dust comes in from the back a little more without the roof and when you stop it catches up with you and settles down on you...

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi @zrxkaw
Welcome to the forum.

Negative pressure behind the windshield is sucking the dust into your cabin area. Half roof will not help. I have one.
A rear panel helps a lot and isn't as expensive as a roof.
I ride without the windshield as much as possible.

Good luck and welcome again.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a short shield on my current ride (Viking 3) and like it a lot in the summer months.
I was wondering if a person were to get a 3 piece fold down shield, if the upper half could be easily removed for the summer, then re-installed in the winter ..
Anyone try that?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!