G

Gizzy_44

Feb 1, 2021
Duhamel, Quebec
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello

ive put 1500km so far riding very dusty trails and upon checking for first
time the air filter ,there was an 1/8” of fine dust coating the foam all around.
Do i have an improper fit on air box cover or is the air intake at wrong place or
am i not cleaning filter often enough.
Have you found yours very dirty?
thanx

Last edited:
Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello

ive put 1500km so far riding very dusty trails and upon checking for first
time the air filter ,there was an 1/8” of fine dust coating the foam all around.
Do i have an improper fit on air box cover or is the air intake at wrong place or
am i not cleaning filter often enough.
Have you found yours very dirty?
thanx
Google says 1500km is about 932 miles. The most I've ever gone (I think) without needing the filter cleaned is probably 3-500 miles in ideal conditions, but usually less than that. So yeah, you've gone a long way by 700 standards.
Some people say the 700 intake is prone to dust collection due to its location but I don't really have an opinion on that. To me It's an off road machine, so the filter gets dirty.

Reactions: caverat
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
The problem I had with mine is the intake location so I made a snorkel and haven't ever looked back.
I have yet to clean the factory filter after the snorkel and pre filter.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!