P1000 Cold weather start

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
For those of us in colder climates, has anyone given any thought to putting a lower radiator hose heater on their Pioneer? When it gets down to 10-15 degrees my 700 used to start terrible but can't test the 1000 until I get it (the updated update of the update for my camo hasn't been updated yet regarding the Dec 30th delivery). Kat and maybe others make an inline heater for 1" and larger lower radiator hoses. Thoughts?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
There are plenty of options available already.

This is the most expensive with 6 ducts and windshield defroster.
NEW 2016 GENUINE HONDA SXS PIONEER 1000 3P/5P HEATER / DEFROST KIT 0SE01-HL4-101

And plenty of other options from $300 on up:
http://www.sidebysidestuff.com/searchresults.html?vwcatalog=yhst-136786855154677&query=heater&.autodone=http://www.sidebysidestuff.com/&x=0&y=0#
I guess I should have been a little clearer after reading my initial post as I am familiar with the "cab heater options". I was curious if anyone has considered putting in the lower radiator hose heater 110/120v so it could be plugged in during the winter to heat the engine and coolant for better cold start purposes. Basically similar to a car/truck block heater but knowing these smaller engines don't have soft plugs therefore the hose heater might be a solution. Even though EFI we all know that they start hard after sitting for prolonged periods of time in the cold climates.

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
I guess I should have been a little clearer after reading my initial post as I am familiar with the "cab heater options". I was curious if anyone has considered putting in the lower radiator hose heater 110/120v so it could be plugged in during the winter to heat the engine and coolant for better cold start purposes. Basically similar to a car/truck block heater but knowing these smaller engines don't have soft plugs therefore the hose heater might be a solution. Even though EFI we all know that they start hard after sitting for prolonged periods of time in the cold climates.
I have always put a tank heater on all of my four wheelers except my Honda pioneer 700. I think I will on the 1000. I had a tank heater on a prowler a couple Rangers and a Yamaha rhino.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure how cold it was this morning but had to be near the teens. I was in shop getting something and couldn't resist firing up the 1000. It started right up.