Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
you guys ever ride the Silverton Colorado area? We hit it a couple years back and was very cool. Couple of places that would have been better if 1 way trail (Engineers Pass) When we were there in early September that time, they had just opened up a long stretch from an avelanch from winter before, snow was still 30'-40' high on sides.
We were there at the same time, that avalanche below Animas was crazy……

Randy6911

Randy6911

Oct 20, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Whats leaking on the axle? Bad seal????? That does not look good.
That’s the front diff seal. It started leaking but I checked the oil level and filled it every day while we were riding. Changed it when we got back, it’s not a trail side repair. There is a newer seal design than my 2019 had so I hope it last longer.

Reactions: Smitty335
Randy6911

Randy6911

Oct 20, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
you guys ever ride the Silverton Colorado area? We hit it a couple years back and was very cool. Couple of places that would have been better if 1 way trail (Engineers Pass) When we were there in early September that time, they had just opened up a long stretch from an avelanch from winter before, snow was still 30'-40' high on sides.
Yes we have done that area a couple of times. Lots of good trails and nice scenery. I read that Silverton just voted to ban ATV riding in town. That won’t be good for food or gas stops.

• Wow
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
that is stupid on there part. I think Oray did that a while back and you can only ride to south edge of town and have to walk in. Maybe ride from Lake City and just skip the town of Silverton too. Wonder what that Polaris rental place will do?

• Wow
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
that is stupid on there part. I think Oray did that a while back and you can only ride to south edge of town and have to walk in. Maybe ride from Lake City and just skip the town of Silverton too. Wonder what that Polaris rental place will do?
That was a long time coming. My experience is that most SXSers are respectful of the town residents and follow the rules. But you always get some that are hot rodding it in town, often late at night and on the illegal back (residential) streets which really bothers the residency. I’m afraid the same thing may be coming to Moab…..🤔

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
That was a long time coming. My experience is that most SXSers are respectful of the town residents and follow the rules. But you always get some that are hot rodding it in town, often late at night and on the illegal back (residential) streets which really bothers the residency. I’m afraid the same thing may be coming to Moab…..🤔
Moab and Grand County desperately tried but the State Legislature put a stop to it. State highway right through the middle town and the state makes the rules and denied Moab's attempt to ban street legal machines on the street. Moab did put a 15 MPH limit on city streets and that might be challenged too because even city streets are bound by the same motor vehicle rules and are partially state funded. State laws have no provisions to allow reduced speeds for UTV's but for now, the 15 MPH for UTV's is posted (although it doesn't seem to be enforced).

Only thing they are able to do is deny permits for large groups/events and issue noise tickets to the a$$holes that caused the problem in the first place.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
didn't Moab pass something about no new offroad rental or tour companies? They are supposed to be getting a bunch of new hotels for the National Park tourists so won't need the offroad money anymore.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
didn't Moab pass something about no new offroad rental or tour companies? They are supposed to be getting a bunch of new hotels for the National Park tourists so won't need the offroad money anymore.
Yup, they put a moratorium on new business licenses for all offroad rental companies.

You can't even get into arches after 10 am so more hotels will not help anyone. Moab is cutting off it's nose in spite of it's face. Soon, no one will want to go there anymore and I will have the place all to myself (wishful thinking) :)

All they had to do was enforce the current laws and none of this would be a problem. A few noise and DUI tickets and all the A$$HOLES would either fall in line or go elsewhere. Now everyone loses.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Moab and Grand County desperately tried but the State Legislature put a stop to it. State highway right through the middle town and the state makes the rules and denied Moab's attempt to ban street legal machines on the street. Moab did put a 15 MPH limit on city streets and that might be challenged too because even city streets are bound by the same motor vehicle rules and are partially state funded. State laws have no provisions to allow reduced speeds for UTV's but for now, the 15 MPH for UTV's is posted (although it doesn't seem to be enforced).

Only thing they are able to do is deny permits for large groups/events and issue noise tickets to the a$$holes that caused the problem in the first place.
Good news. When I was there early September I noticed at that time that the posted speed limit for SXS’s was 10 mph slower than other traffic which our group discovered only pissed off locals more because of course we were holding up traffic….🙄

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good news. When I was there early September I noticed at that time that the posted speed limit for SXS’s was 10 mph slower than other traffic which our group discovered only pissed off locals more because of course we were holding up traffic….🙄
I was there in October and milked it for all it was worth. Purposely (and continuously) went down residential side streets at the posted limit of EXACTLY 15 mph. If the plate behind me was out of state, I let them go by but if a Utah plate, they got what they asked for.

Waved at one guy as he pulled into his driveway (after being behind me for 3 blocks) and he promptly gave me the bird. I chuckled and continued at a whopping 10 MPH just for fun.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
All the locals hate the tourist... But without the tourist, Moab wouldn't be what it is today. When I lived there, tourism wasn't big business like it is now in Moab. My Grandmother owned one of the few restaurants in town and my uncle owned a gas station on the north side of town. It was a whole different world now, but I still love going there.

My grandfather in the 80s and 90s hated the "sprocket heads" , even though I loved riding my mountain bike and still do. Then came all the hotels, fast food and some really nice places to stay and eat. Then came the droves of 4x4 guys and now the SxS craze has hit full force.

As of now, there is a decent sized infrastructure to support both the town and the tourist that come in but the town is experiencing growing pains all over the place.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
ran into picture from Silverton avelanch today. Hard to get feeling for how big it was & this was mid September and they had just opened it up from winter before

IMG 0019

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!