P700 Commander Shocks

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all, got a line on some commander shocks from a 2013 Commander 1000XT, will they fit up to my '17 700-4? I know the rears will need bushings. Thanks.

MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all, got a line on some commander shocks from a 2013 Commander 1000XT, will they fit up to my '17 700-4? I know the rears will need bushings. Thanks.
Im not sure if they will fit but i am interested in the same thing. If they fit, do u have eyes on more than one set?

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im not sure if they will fit but i am interested in the same thing. If they fit, do u have eyes on more than one set?

I bought the set, we'll see. He did not have any others that he told me. I'm concerned about how tall this will make my machine. I keep it in my garage with 8 foot doors. If it makes it too tall, I may be selling at least the rears.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
They have been resulting in a 2.5" lift. You will still fit under an 8 ft door.

Reactions: Backwoods
JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I went out and measured it, and even with my OEM roof and roof mounted lightbar, I should still be ok. Just feels like it's close when I drive it in and out of there. @MattSadler the guy I bought from did have one pair of yellow highlifter springs if that'd help you out at all, I can send you his info.

MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes, I went out and measured it, and even with my OEM roof and roof mounted lightbar, I should still be ok. Just feels like it's close when I drive it in and out of there. @MattSadler the guy I bought from did have one pair of yellow highlifter springs if that'd help you out at all, I can send you his info.
Thanks but ill wait for a full set to come along; thanku though

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got 2 1/2 lifg after fromt and rear Commander swap.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey welcome!

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my commander shocks put on tonight. Definitely noticed a lift, forgot to measure before we put them on. Took a quick ride around my field but will test them out better this weekend for ride quality.

Reactions: MattSadler
DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got my commander shocks put on tonight. Definitely noticed a lift, forgot to measure before we put them on. Took a quick ride around my field but will test them out better this weekend for ride quality.
Are you using limiter straps? Any axle issues? Lift kit?

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
How did it ride in the rough? U just did the 2" lift using shock spacers and it is like there is almost no suspension. The guys who posted this made it ride better are full of bs. Or are not off readers! I should have known....lol

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
How did it ride in the rough? U just did the 2" lift using shock spacers and it is like there is almost no suspension. The guys who posted this made it ride better are full of bs. Or are not off readers! I should have known....lol
I meant I did the 2" lift

DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I meant I did the 2" lift
Don't know who said it rode better with those but that's just tightening up your suspension. The main reason to do that type of lift is to lift the buggy so while carrying a lot of weight it will ride better and gain clearance. If you're riding by yourself and no extra load it'll ride like crap. I have a super atv 2" lift kit and it actually rides nicer, also with 28×10×12's. Just upgraded to commander shocks and am now going to remove the lift kit tomorrow and see how the clearance and ride are without it. I may be selling the lift kit (only 150mi. On it) for $100.

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Don't know who said it rode better with those but that's just tightening up your suspension. The main reason to do that type of lift is to lift the buggy so while carrying a lot of weight it will ride better and gain clearance. If you're riding by yourself and no extra load it'll ride like crap. I have a super atv 2" lift kit and it actually rides nicer, also with 28×10×12's. Just upgraded to commander shocks and am now going to remove the lift kit tomorrow and see how the clearance and ride are without it. I may be selling the lift kit (only 150mi. On it) for $100.
I might be interested in buying it if it dosent use shock spacers, the mention of a better ride was in old posts I read which lead me to believe maybee the stock springs weren't as stiff as i thought. I have a lead on commander shocks, but if i cant find any the super atv lift may be an option. I am sure bigger tires would ride more cushy but I cant afford to loose any towing power. I should of bought a 1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!