P1000 Controls for accessories...What's everybody using?

GHT

GHT

Sep 6, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As implied in the title, what control mechanism is everyone using to control lights and accessories? I've looked at several different options on Amazon and just not sure which will hold up and which ones to stay away from. Here's a couple I've looked at:

Screen Shot 2020 09 28 at 80319 AM Screen Shot 2020 09 28 at 80431 AM

Reactions: Isaiah
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
This was discussed before. I do not have nor have any experience with it. But it’s priced right and no worries replacement warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah and GHT
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As implied in the title, what control mechanism is everyone using to control lights and accessories? I've looked at several different options on Amazon and just not sure which will hold up and which ones to stay away from. Here's a couple I've looked at:

View attachment 227258 View attachment 227259
I pieced mine together with the components that fit my application. I'm not a tech guy so I went with separate relays and fusing to make future trouble shooting easier for me. Here's my hillbilly schematic.i attempted to run each circuit one at a time on the machine and it looked like s*** quickly. I sat down and drew this out and studied it for a few days making corrections until I couldn't find any other issues. I used this and a few quick measurements for wire length to each accessory then pulled the wire out and made the harness on the bench. It made it easy to bench test all switches and relays. I wrapped it up as well as I could and installed it in my pk1. Since I've had a relay and switch die. Both were easily trail diagnosed and with a little planning I had both parts for two separate failures. I like the idea of the self contained deal but I tend to stick with what I know. Good luck with the build.

20190223 114158

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and GHT
IvanGirderboot

IvanGirderboot

Lifetime Member
Sep 13, 2020
Greater Denver Area, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a custom-fit switch panel that replaces the ugly warning placard from PBR Products. I then ordered all the switches directly from otrattw and grabbed waterproof relays, fuse panel, connectors, etc from Amazon. It takes more time to wire it all up but I got exactly what I wanted. It's a WiP (Just got my rig last week!) but here is a picture:
PXL 20200928 164959516

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 227258 View attachment 227259

Those are JUNK very low quality knock offs of the high end stuff.

Might be fine in a cabin or something where theres no vibration and its not getting rained on but everyone I know that has used them has regretted it.

GHT

GHT

Sep 6, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went with the cheaper of the two and I'll have to say, it seems to be a quality item, we will see....

IMG 20200930 161315332 IMG 20200930 161534375

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!