Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone ever converted a Pioneer 1000-3 to a 1000-5? Seems like it would just be a bed swap and additional roll cage. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Welcome from the once Great State of Michigan.

First off, I assume you have P1k3?
if so we like pics when u join so..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Now this subject was thrown around one time in a thread like Raggedy Anne in a daycare class. It would take so much material and money, your better off to sell your P1k3 and buy a P1k5.
If u take the time and use the search and threadloom results you will find the thread about it.

Also seen your State was a bunch of crazy fools like ours as well and re elected our radicle Governors!
The young voters have Know Idea!!!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What he said plus. What do you fly? I love choppers.
OT - Have a friend who kept a EC120B (turbine heli, cruise speed about 120 knots, IIRC) in my hangar at Napa. At the time I had a '87 Mooney 201 - level cruise about 165 knots (a knot is 1.15 mph). We were all flying off for lunch, so I gave him a 15 minute head start. When I saw him up ahead I climbed 500 feet above him, then right before I passed him, I dove down to pick up speed and smoked by him, maybe 100 feet away, doing over 200. Said on the radio, "I see your problem. Your propellers ain't working well to pull you in the right direction."

helopilot

helopilot

Feb 3, 2022
Sacramento foothills
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome from the once Great State of Michigan.

First off, I assume you have P1k3?
if so we like pics when u join so..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Now this subject was thrown around one time in a thread like Raggedy Anne in a daycare class. It would take so much material and money, your better off to sell your P1k3 and buy a P1k5.
If u take the time and use the search and threadloom results you will find the thread about it.

Also seen your State was a bunch of crazy fools like ours as well and re elected our radicle Governors!
The young voters have Know Idea!!!
42% of us aren't crazy. :cool:

advertisement
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
OT - Have a friend who kept a EC120B (turbine heli, cruise speed about 120 knots, IIRC) in my hangar at Napa. At the time I had a '87 Mooney 201 - level cruise about 165 knots (a knot is 1.15 mph). We were all flying off for lunch, so I gave him a 15 minute head start. When I saw him up ahead I climbed 500 feet above him, then right before I passed him, I dove down to pick up speed and smoked by him, maybe 100 feet away, doing over 200. Said on the radio, "I see your problem. Your propellers ain't working well to pull you in the right direction."
Planes are cool…but there’s just something about a heli that fascinates me. Spent a fair amount of time in Jet Rangers and realized I had missed my calling, but it was too late to change.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's what she said!
1131B44D FA83 4628 9363 B275B66BA453

:oops:🥳

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Planes are cool…but there’s just something about a heli that fascinates me. Spent a fair amount of time in Jet Rangers and realized I had missed my calling, but it was too late to change.
Heli's are fascinating, I just never could reach a point that I felt all safe and secure in them. It's nice to be able to look out and actually SEE your wing!! There's too many Jesus nuts on the Heli.

Another OT story. At Oakland Police line-up, Capt Ford said the Argus (our police chopper) observer had called in sick, anyone want to volunteer. My hand, along with two others, shot up! Ford picked Dave Guider. Dave was a great guy, so I was happy for him and not too disappointed it wasn't me. That night Wendel Troyer (the pilot) and Dave died. We thought it was a sniper in E. Oakland that brought it down. Come to find out later it was part of the transmission that somehow locked up so the rotor stopped and they couldn't auto-rotate. Their pistol rounds cooked-off in the fire (part of the reason for the sniper thoughts, I guess). We lost two great guys that night. And I dodged another bullet.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I lost a really good friend to a crash earlier this year. He got tangled up in some high power lines and went down. Really weird because he was the most cautious pilot I know.

Reactions: Remington