Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I live 10 miles from there proving grounds. See that $hit all time driving around usually with wrap. 99% of it never makes it to build/production. seen some pretty wild stuff.

A friend that works there said there always working on stuff 5yrs in advance of the currant production model. Said Currant stuff that I see out with a manufacturer plate are vehicles that are having currant issues there trying resolve.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Last year, the supposedly patriotic brand Jeep chose a supposedly patriotic draft dodging, tax cheating, drunk driving spokesman to tell me I wasn't middle enough for them. Since I do not cheat on taxes, spent 26 years in the Navy, and never had a DUI, I do not align with the values they portrayed in the commercial or by the spokesman. Jeep can now go die on the fire of woke corporations, for all I care.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have a similar background and point of view as well as a strong contempt for millennial marketing personnel but don't watch much television and am unaware of the JEEP spokesman. Who is/was it?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Never understood the whole Jeep thing. I did when they were cheap. An unrefined soft top, not much room, total utility, exposed bolts machine. That was the concept, didn't need clean body lines or anything. Now a Gladiator costs as much as a refined pick up yet still has its exposed bolts and crap. And it's built by Dodge! 🤣
P.S. Sorry Goat

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Never understood the whole Jeep thing. I did when they were cheap. An unrefined soft top, not much room, total utility, exposed bolts machine. That was the concept, didn't need clean body lines or anything. Now a Gladiator costs as much as a refined pick up yet still has its exposed bolts and crap. And it's built by Dodge! 🤣
P.S. Sorry Goat
The betrayal...

I also agree with you. It's the most overpriced, unpractical vehicle out there. But, I do love the damn thing. It's so fun to drive. I bought mine with a specific purpose; to get me pretty much anywhere I need to go out West when I go hunting. Everything else it does is admittedly a compromise.

The fuel mileage sucks. The clutch is weak. The fuel tank is small. It's towing capacity is neutered from the factory (see: clutch). They put a minivan engine in it. And it's expensive for what you get. But man, it'll go anywhere.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I also agree with you. It's the most overpriced, unpractical vehicle out there. But,
We had an everything but the kitchen sink Sahara unlimited. Hard and soft top. Bought it new with one of our friends special executive employee discounts. She works for the proving grounds. Regardless that thing was a POS from the start. It was in the shop from mile 1 to 88k miles we put on it. I made my wife buy the unlimited mile warranty at purchase they use to offer for it (they dont offer that now hummm🤔) cuz i knew the track record since they were bought by Chrysler. we had electrical, mechanical you name it wrong with that thing. The worst one was the rear axle casting defect where the whole axel was replaced and they said there were thousands And you cant get that axel it its components any longer now. the issues were so bad that they started to give us $hit about warranty to the point I had to go to different dealers for the service cuz after a while they didnt want to fix/deal with it. BTW Chrysler's service departments are atrocious Especially there communication.

We bought it for fun, the looks And to get back to our cain in the sticks thing was it couldn't seem to get out if its own way. I agree 100% with @trigger with his assessment. I may have saved 9k off the sticker with her discount but it was still way over priced for what it was and quality. deff not made for longevity.
when we had the last service with an obvious front drive train issue they had every excuse in the book to not fix it. But wait! We have a Warranty 🤔. My wife said, Im done with this Chrysler experiment, I want my Ford back! We drove right out of that lot and into the Lincolin dealership next door. Bye Bye Jeep!
I wish all of you well If u have one.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
We had an everything but the kitchen sink Sahara unlimited. Hard and soft top. Bought it new with one of our friends special executive employee discounts. She works for the proving grounds. Regardless that thing was a POS from the start. It was in the shop from mile 1 to 88k miles we put on it. I made my wife buy the unlimited mile warranty at purchase they use to offer for it (they dont offer that now hummm🤔) cuz i knew the track record since they were bought by Chrysler. we had electrical, mechanical you name it wrong with that thing. The worst one was the rear axle casting defect where the whole axel was replaced and they said there were thousands And you cant get that axel it its components any longer now. the issues were so bad that they started to give us $hit about warranty to the point I had to go to different dealers for the service cuz after a while they didnt want to fix/deal with it. BTW Chrysler's service departments are atrocious Especially there communication.

We bought it for fun, the looks And to get back to our cain in the sticks thing was it couldn't seem to get out if its own way. I agree 100% with @trigger with his assessment. I may have saved 9k off the sticker with her discount but it was still way over priced for what it was and quality. deff not made for longevity.
when we had the last service with an obvious front drive train issue they had every excuse in the book to not fix it. But wait! We have a Warranty 🤔. My wife said, Im done with this Chrysler experiment, I want my Ford back! We drove right out of that lot and into the Lincolin dealership next door. Bye Bye Jeep!
I wish all of you well If u have one.
Mines made by Fiat. 🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!