P1000 Corporate shakeup at Honda apparently over quality issues

Stimey58

Stimey58

Lifetime Member
Feb 21, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
Honda probably moved the Goldwing for reasons we will never know, I imagine it had to do with cost and taxes, versus quality. The fed likes to steal every last cent they can. Companies are buying overseas companies and "moving" their HQ on paper to the overseas location to reduce their tax burden by BILLIONS. People are renouncing their US citizenship because even though they live overseas, work overseas and never come home they are taxed. Plus whatever the country they work in charges them.

When the US is a hotbed of unskilled workers (a skilled worker being anyone with a valuable LEARNED skill that has put forth effort into learning that skill) making way more than they contribute to the economy because of congressmen who want votes. 3 day long time delays because you have to have union a mechanic come change a tire on a service truck. (Not kidding just had this happen we had a job SHUT DOWN for 3 days at $10,000 a day in liquidated damages to the GC, while we waited on a union mechanic to come change another contractors service truck tire that went flat in the wrong place at the worst time. The driver was not ALLOWED to change it)

Ect...we could go on for days why making/selling something in America costs more than many other places.

If WE American's want to stop loosing production, manufacturing, engineering, industrial jobs we need to start teaching people to perform those jobs WELL, proud of what they have done, balance their own checkbook, be responsible adults, and respect other people.

You can't legislate this country into prosperity or morality, only the character driven American working man get make this country prosperous again. Get the governments fat greasy greedy fingers out of every transaction and that will be easier.

People need to grow up and stop asking for a hand out.

STEPS OFF SOAPBOX
Couldnt agree more. Had a very similar situation as the union mechanic story at my last employer. Lived that nightmare for 6 long years. I try to never talk politics as it messes up riding circles etc. but we are rapidly becoming an unskilled country. Again, a shame to see. Hope to see u at the takeover! Andy

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldnt agree more. Had a very similar situation as the union mechanic story at my last employer. Lived that nightmare for 6 long years. I try to never talk politics as it messes up riding circles etc. but we are rapidly becoming an unskilled country. Again, a shame to see. Hope to see u at the takeover! Andy

Can't wait for the takeover to get here.

I did my taxes last night, or my soapbox would be kept better hidden. I feel like the 1040 form is a self-service mugging.

Reactions: Farmer and Stauvo
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'll say it... and @Hondasxs feel free to delete this if you want... The Democrats and most city folk are ruining this country. You can't mention hard work, common sense, lazy people or Heaven forbid (sarcasm)...poison crops that feed the nation. Don't you dare even think about mentioning God. Allah and the devil are the cool guys in town.

Example... The ranchers out west are labeled terrorists and one was even murdered for defending their right to raise their cattle on the SAME land they have always used. Meanwhile protesters and even the President defend criminals in places like Ferguson. Hell, they looted buildings and lit fires. EVERY liberal clown supported those jerks!

These are scary times folks. Good old fashion beliefs and Morales are no longer accepted.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll say it... and @Hondasxs feel free to delete this if you want... The Democrats and most city folk are ruining this country. You can't mention hard work, common sense, lazy people or Heaven forbid (sarcasm)...poison crops that feed the nation. Don't you dare even think about mentioning God. Allah and the devil are the cool guys in town.

Example... The ranchers out west are labeled terrorists and one was even murdered for defending their right to raise their cattle on the SAME land they have always used. Meanwhile protesters and even the President defend criminals in places like Ferguson. Hell, they looted buildings and lit fires. EVERY liberal clown supported those jerks!

These are scary times folks. Good old fashion beliefs and Morales are no longer accepted.

All of your points are thoroughly laid out all through the Bible to guide us, to warn us about what was, what is and whats coming. Pay attention to the Macro as the Micro is nothing but daily white noise to distract and confuse. I learned that 95% of Americans claim to be Christian but if we were to find out tomorrow that God never existed how would your daily routine change? Something to seriously ponder. Those men in Oregon are trying to show us the Macro but once again they were buried in white micro noise of daily media and election garbage.

I have been digging into (HMC) as well as everyone here probably. To make this short, my opinion is the Japanese companies have been targeted by our administration dating back to Toyotas mystery acceleration issues and then Honda with the airbags. Our government has made huge examples out of them while playing softball with American companies. All use airbags, my Dodge Cummins has been recalled for the air bag. Now Honda is touting diversity and adjusting the men to women management numbers. I think they are being forced to worry about what bathroom Bruce Jenner gets to use and if they have enough women upper management vs that incredible discipline to quality they use to exhibit. What's coming out of South Carolina is inexcusable, screaming low worker morale or passive aggression towards upper management or both combined. It is affecting all of their products for which they are trying to (save face). Culturally (saving face) and (honor) especially for Chinese/Japanese corporate men is where the drive for quality comes from and so the more they dilute with rainbows and unicorns and workers that do not share that honor code it will be hard to produce the quality they once had. - again my opinion.

Reactions: Farmer and sthomp54
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quality automatically goes down when you hire on diversity instead of the best person for the job!

I don't care what sex, race, creed or religion you are as long as you're the best for the job. Sometimes hiring a homogenous workforce may not be the best solution for the company but a company should not be forced to lower their standards because they HAVE to have a heterogeneous(diverse) workforce.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles

I'm down with Esai Morales

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I'll say it... and @Hondasxs
Example... The ranchers out west are labeled terrorists and one was even murdered for defending their right to raise their cattle on the SAME land they have always used.

@Farmer I agree with what you are saying, just have a little different angle...

1) Ranchers protest what they call a government land grab.
2) Government claims they are terrorists and even kills one under circumstances that are still not clear, ending the protest.
3) The very next week the president creates 4 new national monuments with the stroke of his pen (showing that he is not on par with God - who spoke the world in to existence, no pen needed).

Now roughly 14% of Kalifornia is off limits, locked up as national monument, national forest and national park. This dose not include state land. But hey, the crazy ranchers where terrorist right?
Sorry, its a sore topic for me as the government slowly chokes off my hobby and livelihood.

Rant off.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Farmer I agree with what you are saying, just have a little different angle...

1) Ranchers protest what they call a government land grab.
2) Government claims they are terrorists and even kills one under circumstances that are still not clear, ending the protest.
3) The very next week the president creates 4 new national monuments with the stroke of his pen (showing that he is not on par with God - who spoke the world in to existence, no pen needed).

Now roughly 14% of Kalifornia is off limits, locked up as national monument, national forest and national park. This dose not include state land. But hey, the crazy ranchers where terrorist right?
Sorry, its a sore topic for me as the government slowly chokes off my hobby and livelihood.

Rant off.

I don't consider a statement of facts a rant. A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take everything you have.

advertisement
S

Smaine

Jan 28, 2016
Iowa
I don't consider a statement of facts a rant. A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take everything you have.
About as well said as it can be. Sad but true.

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
They did with the Goldwing, no longer made in America
Honda probably moved the Goldwing for reasons we will never know, I imagine it had to do with cost and taxes, versus quality. The fed likes to steal every last cent they can. Companies are buying overseas companies and "moving" their HQ on paper to the overseas location to reduce their tax burden by BILLIONS. People are renouncing their US citizenship because even though they live overseas, work overseas and never come home they are taxed. Plus whatever the country they work in charges them.

When the US is a hotbed of unskilled workers (a skilled worker being anyone with a valuable LEARNED skill that has put forth effort into learning that skill) making way more than they contribute to the economy because of congressmen who want votes. 3 day long time delays because you have to have union a mechanic come change a tire on a service truck. (Not kidding just had this happen we had a job SHUT DOWN for 3 days at $10,000 a day in liquidated damages to the GC, while we waited on a union mechanic to come change another contractors service truck tire that went flat in the wrong place at the worst time. The driver was not ALLOWED to change it)

Ect...we could go on for days why making/selling something in America costs more than many other places.

If WE American's want to stop loosing production, manufacturing, engineering, industrial jobs we need to start teaching people to perform those jobs WELL, proud of what they have done, balance their own checkbook, be responsible adults, and respect other people.

You can't legislate this country into prosperity or morality, only the character driven American working man get make this country prosperous again. Get the governments fat greasy greedy fingers out of every transaction and that will be easier.

People need to grow up and stop asking for a hand out.

STEPS OFF SOAPBOX
I can't and won't disagree with anything you said so let me add to your soap box. I will add that "Made in America" used to mean by/with American Pride by someone who grew up in America with an American work ethic. I see all of this slipping away, and in reality maybe we are a part of the reason. How often do we see on this forum someone wants it faster/better/cheaper and if they can't get the deal they want they bash the business. Wasn't Honda made in Japan, isn't that where their historic reputation that we all remember came from. I think they can do better than they are, I think they will - are we disappointed? Probably a little! Are our expectations high or too high sometimes? It's possible! It takes more fingers and toes than I have to count the Honda products I've had and with few problems and only one finger to count the others products I've sent down the road.

Reactions: Farmer
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
All of your points are thoroughly laid out all through the Bible to guide us, to warn us about what was, what is and whats coming. Pay attention to the Macro as the Micro is nothing but daily white noise to distract and confuse. I learned that 95% of Americans claim to be Christian but if we were to find out tomorrow that God never existed how would your daily routine change? Something to seriously ponder. Those men in Oregon are trying to show us the Macro but once again they were buried in white micro noise of daily media and election garbage.

I have been digging into (HMC) as well as everyone here probably. To make this short, my opinion is the Japanese companies have been targeted by our administration dating back to Toyotas mystery acceleration issues and then Honda with the airbags. Our government has made huge examples out of them while playing softball with American companies. All use airbags, my Dodge Cummins has been recalled for the air bag. Now Honda is touting diversity and adjusting the men to women management numbers. I think they are being forced to worry about what bathroom Bruce Jenner gets to use and if they have enough women upper management vs that incredible discipline to quality they use to exhibit. What's coming out of South Carolina is inexcusable, screaming low worker morale or passive aggression towards upper management or both combined. It is affecting all of their products for which they are trying to (save face). Culturally (saving face) and (honor) especially for Chinese/Japanese corporate men is where the drive for quality comes from and so the more they dilute with rainbows and unicorns and workers that do not share that honor code it will be hard to produce the quality they once had. - again my opinion.
If it is proven and maybe it has already been proven that Honda is slacking on quality they in my opinion are still going to be above the rest!!. I own a lot of honda products from pioneer to generator to suv's. the quality is amazing on the generators and power equipment and there is nothing that is a close second to them. BUT u do pay for it!!

Reactions: Farmer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!