P1000 Couple of "is this normal" questions

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The gear ratio for Reverse sucks. Can't believe the engineers who picked the gears for reverse ever actually operated this machine on tight trails or in tight woods. When Honda decides to fix this I hope they make the new gears available for retro fit or warranty the upgrade. Southern California and desert people may not have an issue with this but let them try tight woods trails in the mountains here in Arkansas.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree, a emergency brake or parking brake would be a worthwhile add on to the P1000, especially while negotiating steep trails. Maybe Honda could come up with a add on solution. I would get it for sure. Also wish it could go into 4x4 mode on the fly like my trucks. Although I do remember my earlier trucks where I had to get out and lock the Hubs first.
On my last one I installed a hydraulic line lock and it worked very well I'll do it again but for now our park brake is "cheaper " but fits in the glove box ImageWorks when you need one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!