P1000m5 Cover for Sxs

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello fellow riders! I am spending sometime in Florida which has my p1000-5 sitting outside and not in the garage. Does anyone use a cover that they like for theirs? The sun is my main concern here.
thanks
Shelly

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello fellow riders! I am spending sometime in Florida which has my p1000-5 sitting outside and not in the garage. Does anyone use a cover that they like for theirs? The sun is my main concern here.
thanks
Shelly
I used the Honda one on my P5. It fit great and stayed on well in wind/rain and even a snow or two.

CRob8348

CRob8348

Dec 12, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also have the Honda cover. It does fit very good plus has a zipper on the drivers side to gain access to the machine without removing the whole thing

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep .... it's called an enclosed trailer .....
I've been looking at those types of covers. With the Honda, you have to pay extra for the taller door opening. Or, you can buy the standard door height and remove the Honda roof, deflate the rear tires and have your buddy sit on the tailgate.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone know who makes a P1K5 cover that can be used on an open utility trailer at 75mph? I hate all the winter road grime that get on my machine when open trailering in the winter.
Honda signature use to make one but the sales were $hit cuz they were stupid $$$$ so they only made them for like a yr or 2. Id say to look for used but there hard to find. Im with @packer58 get an inclosed trailer.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been looking at those types of covers. With the Honda, you have to pay extra for the taller door opening. Or, you can buy the standard door height and remove the Honda roof, deflate the rear tires and have your buddy sit on the tailgate.
All of the above is true except for maybe the chubby buddy ...........

advertisement
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Buddy of mine purchased a so called trailerable cover for his PK-5, by the time he got where he was going his cover looked like gillie suit ....... 300 and some odd dollars down the drain ...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know who makes a P1K5 cover that can be used on an open utility trailer at 75mph? I hate all the winter road grime that get on my machine when open trailering in the winter.
Throw up OSB sheeting with some 2x4’s and tarp the otherwise open skeleton top of the entire deal. Not saying it’ll look pretty but it’ll serve your purpose.

Or just big old harbor freight tarp the machine itself. It will last a trip or two as long as it tied down so it isn’t flapping in the breeze. If you have a windshield on the machine protect it with a fleece blanket or something underneath the tarp.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!