iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That is cool! After seeing your 500-4 I suspect you built it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No can't take credit for building it all myself,this is what the people in my neighborhood did for fun,my next door neighbor had one too.for a body he used the rear 1/4 panels off a 56 chevy in side the tires the same as what mine was done.we had no body on them from the firewall forward.just a radiator and 2 headlights for bumpers.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would love to just don't know the area. And is there more than dirt roads?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Probably 35 trail. Goes by Leavenworth. We prefer trails but trying to get out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No can't take credit for building it all myself,this is what the people in my neighborhood did for fun,my next door neighbor had one too.for a body he used the rear 1/4 panels off a 56 chevy in side the tires the same as what mine was done.we had no body on them from the firewall forward.just a radiator and 2 headlights for bumpers.
That's the type of stuff that got me into cars originally. Sure different times now.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Accessair plane mate1 800

Drove these at Kennedy International back in 83'

damn I'm aging

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 27679

Drove these at Kennedy International back in 83'

damn I'm aging

Is it wrong I'm thinking of how cool that that would be cruising back roads loaded with friends and family?

Reactions: Eltobgi
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Is it wrong I'm thinking of how cool that that would be cruising back roads loaded with friends and family?
If I remember correctly it held 180 passengers. We would load up at the terminal and bring the passengers out to the "hard stand" Which was basically a parking lot for 747s when the gates were full. Four TV monitors on the dash and scary as sh.. on a windy day.
I often thought what a great party bus it would make

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If I remember correctly it held 180 passengers. We would load up at the terminal and bring the passengers out to the "hard stand" Which was basically a parking lot for 747s when the gates were full. Four TV monitors on the dash and scary as sh.. on a windy day.
I often thought what a great party bus it would make.
Top speed 8mph

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 27677some in the Pioneer this is lake Chelan. Being from there I know most of the areas not so much Rainer by you but use to spend time between mt Baker and Chelan. Went to Apple Blossom back in the days.
Washington doesn't support our camping lifestyle too well, no campfires guns riding on the streets and everything is so strict. I'd like to find an area here that is more laid back even Chelan was tough but was fun and rode Cle elem this year it was good.

No campfires! How does one go camping without a campfire!!! And no firearms :rolleyes:. Better do you're playing in Idaho.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Washington state imposes burn bans if there is a high fire danger. That part of the state is very prone to forest fires. And no guns seams weird. I have never had issues with target practice.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But not reliable. It made the trail systems boring and i endedup getting to drunk because of it. Hot a p1k instead

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Maybe so but it makes for some great pictures! It does look fun.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep getting pop-ups on my phone trying to dig up a pic from Photo bucket but craziest I ever owned was a 71 VW bus. It was slammed to the ground and had a hot pink paint job with a mural of itself painted on the rear quarters. Somewhere in storage I got a DB&HVWs magazine that it was in when previous owner had it. Before it I had a 66 type1 with 17" rims, gorgeous maroon paint, solid white interior, and a pretty quick 1835 motor. I'll keep trying at getting some pics downloaded. If I ever win the lottery I'm getting back into my air-cooled VW habit. They are alot of fun.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
At my tender young age of 32 I'm proud to say I've driven almost every piece of farm equipment there is. From 400 hp tractors to rice harvesters (commonly known as a combine) and most everything in between. But there was one piece of equipment that stood out above the rest-

It wasn't the biggest (although it was pretty big) but it was as close to a monster truck as I'll ever get. Loud as hell, 4wd, four wheel steering, even had an air horn (think semi truck). These are designed to run through the mud and the rice harvester dumps its load into the bed while it's going. So you pull up next to the harvester, match his speed, he fills your bed, then you haul ass back to the semi trailers and fill em up, then haul ass back to get the next load. Something about screaming through 2' of mud, up and over anything in front of me, well, that feeling has just never been matched!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At my tender young age of 32 I'm proud to say I've driven almost every piece of farm equipment there is. From 400 hp tractors to rice harvesters (commonly known as a combine) and most everything in between. But there was one piece of equipment that stood out above the rest-
View attachment 28055
It wasn't the biggest (although it was pretty big) but it was as close to a monster truck as I'll ever get. Loud as hell, 4wd, four wheel steering, even had an air horn (think semi truck). These are designed to run through the mud and the rice harvester dumps its load into the bed while it's going. So you pull up next to the harvester, match his speed, he fills your bed, then you haul ass back to the semi trailers and fill em up, then haul ass back to get the next load. Something about screaming through 2' of mud, up and over anything in front of me, well, that feeling has just never been matched!
That looks friggin cool as hell!!

Reactions: Tflynn
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!