Cumberland forest wpa

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
New driveline put in , been in the shop 3-1/2 weeks, part back ordered. Just got it back and went out for a quick ride.

IMG 3944 IMG 3947 IMG 3946 IMG 3945

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Looks to be in close proximity to Barbourville. How far does this trail system extend north and south?

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
That’s where I live : Barbourville north to bell/ Whitley county south. 15-25 mile estimation.maybe that far east and west, Flatlick to Siler ky,also just a few miles further south to Tacketts Creek. Going to do a ride from my house to Jellico soon on the Frakes mountain trail.

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Looks to be in close proximity to Barbourville. How far does this trail system extend north and south?

Actually the web site says 55,000 acres including Leslie county Bell and Knox county, I’ve not ridden a lot in Leslie county but have in Clay County , both have national forests, Daniel Boone and Red Bird,

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
That's close to us here in southern Corbin. Is there a trailhead with parking? @KyGal83

We're interested in riding Red Bird Crest; haven't done it. Drove up once to find a couple of trailheads. Have you ridden there?

Last edited:
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
That’s where I live : Barbourville north to bell/ Whitley county south. 15-25 mile estimation.maybe that far east and west, Flatlick to Siler ky,also just a few miles further south to Tacketts Creek. Going to do a ride from my house to Jellico soon on the Frakes mountain trail.
I think I road 4 wheelers in this area like 20 years ago. We went in near Lone Jack School on 92, entered the forest thru private land. Is there a trail head to park in the area? I know it is a WPA so not legal to ride… is there a “hidden” place locals park to ride?

Last edited:
Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
That's close to us here in southern Corbin. Is there a trailhead with parking? @KyGal83

We're interested in riding Red Bird Crest; haven't done it. Drove up once to find a couple of trailheads. Have you ridden there?
I think I road 4 wheelers in this area like 20 years ago. We went in near Lone Jack School on 92, entered the forest thru private land. Is there a trail head to park in the area? I know it is a WPA so not legal to ride… is there a “hidden” place locals park to ride?
I’m a couple miles away from several trail heads. You can park at the old Artemus school. As to the lone Jack school we ride the trails at Coalport across the mountain to Lone Jack(Fourmile) then private trails to Stoneyfork (wild horses) and into the RedBird national forest. As far as the Red Bird crest trail it’s mostly a single track( permit required) trail , I heard rumors of them opening it up for side x sides but you would have to call the ranger station at Peabody for info, but there are hundred of mikes of trails all around that area.

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
From the new lone Jack school on hwy 92 The state park property (pine mountain) has service access trails on the Kentucky ridge property , trail comes off the mountain at Davisburg ky and access to Fonde mountain/Cannon Creek lake/ Tacketts Creek are all available.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I’m a couple miles away from several trail heads. You can park at the old Artemus school. As to the lone Jack school we ride the trails at Coalport across the mountain to Lone Jack(Fourmile) then private trails to Stoneyfork (wild horses) and into the RedBird national forest. As far as the Red Bird crest trail it’s mostly a single track( permit required) trail , I heard rumors of them opening it up for side x sides but you would have to call the ranger station at Peabody for info, but there are hundred of mikes of trails all around that area.

From the new lone Jack school on hwy 92 The state park property (pine mountain) has service access trails on the Kentucky ridge property , trail comes off the mountain at Davisburg ky and access to Fonde mountain/Cannon Creek lake/ Tacketts Creek are all available.

Thanks! I plan to check out both areas next week. Been to the Clear Creek area many times, it’s a personal favorite and from the Tackett Creek area north thru the Davisburg area via Jeep. Do not recall any atv trailheads but I am not completely familiar with the area! Absolutely will be looking for them now, ready to explore it more.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!