Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Today is exactly 1 year since I officially pulled the trigger on my dream and just happens to be exactly 4 months since I actually officially started work on the project.
Learned a lot and spent a lot and bled a little. 95% of the needed parts rigs, new parts, and upgraded equipment has now been purchased. Things are going slow with the cold temps and the tent continuing to try to fly off but still moving forward!
Blood is normally shed regardless of the project.;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is there a pump or something to circulate the fluid through the filter?
No. It’s a passive setup. If you look at the back cover it’s got a slit that catches oil from the transmission, it’s forced into the cavity of that side cover. The only way out is going through the filter, there is a hole in the back cover, the filter seals to this then it then flows back into transfer case. Simply but pretty effective
7C9C3272 6973 4D8F AFB9 7018006DE232

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No. It’s a passive setup. If you look at the back cover it’s got a slit that catches oil, it’s forced into the cavity. The only way out is going through the filter, there is a hole in the back cover, the filter seals to this then it then flows back into transfer case. Simply but pretty effective
View attachment 236176
A lot better than the factory cover plate.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couple things last few nights.
Got the Borgeson Steering shaft and rag joint in. No more sloppy steering and it’ll last. Much better then stock
0A66D219 B84E 4348 B467 E4668D40765A

Repaired the last of the burnt up wiring. The donor truck harness was so hacked up. All solid now and ready for things to be plugged in
9A4DEBB7 5A2E 44E3 8DD9 09ACED1F09D9

And tonight I welded up the carrier bearing bracket, last one for the drivetrain quick rattle can then installed .Tomorrow I’ll be able to get exact measurements to a local shop for the new drivelines. Hopefully get those back next week. Quick rattle can and brackets installed.
8209BC5E 08C9 4650 962D C33FE21C5877

Last edited:
Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those PTO coolers like nice. Have you heard of any starvation issues with the filters? Cool build, looks like it will be a damn nice rig when you are done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those PTO coolers like nice. Have you heard of any starvation issues with the filters? Cool build, looks like it will be a damn nice rig when you are done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No I hadn’t. I looked for that too and a couple people suggested it but no evidence. It’s said that trans splashes way more on right side, where filter intake is located, then on left and that’s way it’s suggested on that side. It’s just taking small percentage through gravity. I can’t see a problem.
Everyone says run the 4500 1 qt high to help eliminate starving.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah I got what I was asking for. It was worth it I had some other bills that needed paid off and went and bought a GMC Sierra. Hated to sell the Cummins but it’s just not practical for me at the moment
Creating bills is kinda like preventing a pregnancy, put an aspirin between your wife's knees and tell her not to drop it! HA! Bills is another story, I pay cash that I save, use cashiers checks, that I buy with cash, Confuses the hell outa the bank, they keep wanting to draft it out of our account, when I hand them the cash. They want to despot the cash in our account and then draft it back out, hell no, you think I want my wife how much I spend and stuff! I use a credit card rarely.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Creating bills is kinda like preventing a pregnancy, put an aspirin between your wife's knees and tell her not to drop it! HA! Bills is another story, I pay cash that I save, use cashiers checks, that I buy with cash, Confuses the hell outa the bank, they keep wanting to draft it out of our account, when I hand them the cash. They want to despot the cash in our account and then draft it back out, hell no, you think I want my wife how much I spend and stuff! I use a credit card rarely.
Ya no more bills here. I’ll suffer through the crap I made years ago and not create any more. I guess that’s one of the reasons for building this truck, I own it. I’m proud to say it’s been either side work or making the right decisions and selling extra parts that’s made a lot of it, the rest has been hard sacrifices. But in one years time I’ll have bought and built it with no bills, that’s a tall order with a family with a lifestyle on what I make. I can’t stand those payments any longer!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ya no more bills here. I’ll suffer through the crap I made years ago and not create any more. I guess that’s one of the reasons for building this truck, I own it. I’m proud to say it’s been either side work or making the right decisions and selling extra parts that’s made a lot of it, the rest has been hard sacrifices. But in one years time I’ll have bought and built it with no bills, that’s a tall order with a family with a lifestyle on what I make. I can’t stand those payments any longer!
Very wise! Not about what you earn, but about what you save.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This truck your building is going to be a one of a kind, something you can hang your hat on with pride. I wish I had your skills and knowledge. And other than that you are a dip poop! HA! Smitty and out!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This truck your building is going to be a one of a kind, something you can hang your hat on with pride. I wish I had your skills and knowledge. And other than that you are a dip poop! HA! Smitty and out!
My daughter will try to steal it from me. Might give her my other. I’ll have it till electric trucks are forced, hopefully that’s after I’m dead.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!