P1000 Cup Holders from 2022+ Pioneer

Z

zandroid

Jan 12, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have seen mentioned in other threads that the cup holders from the Pioneer 1000 2022+ model are an upgrade over the previous gen Pioneer 1000. I was finally able to get a set of the 2022+ cup holders and install in my 2018 Pioneer 1000. These new ones are indeed bigger, deeper, and sit flush to the dash. It will hold a 30 oz Yeti type insulated tumbler. I am hesitant to say if they will hold the bigger 40 oz Yeti tumbler, not because of the cup holder but because the dash limits the size of the tumbler above the cup holder rim.

I ordered from Partzilla. With tax and shipping, a pair were around $26. Just a note on the listing in the link, it is for one cup holder not a pair. Took 7 weeks to receive the cup holders, which I was expecting based on others experience in previous threads. Below is a link to the listing on Partzilla. The current listing states it will ship in 2-3 days, I think it said that when I ordered, but maybe they have stock on hand now.

The 2022+ model cup holders are not drop in replacements for the previous gen Pioneer 1000. You will need to trim the dash for the new ones to fit. This includes cutting the tabs that held the previous cup holders in the dash. The new cup holders have 4 small tabs that secure to the dash. I used a box cutter/utility knife to widen the hole to accommodate the new ones. It doesn't take much trimming to get the hole big enough for the new ones. I would trim a litte from each side and test fit the new cup holder until it took mild pressure to force the cup holder into the dash past the 4 tabs. The biggest amount to remove is the old retention tabs. The installation video for the Crossroads 3D cupholders sold on Amazon is helpful. Sorry I did not get pictures of the installation. Link to Crossroads 3D listing on Amazon. Installation video is on that page.

I previously looked at using the inexpensive Amarine set from Amazon, but wasn't sure about just friction fitting the cup holders in the dash or glueing into the dash. Link for reference.

There were also threads mentioning Polaris cup holders working, but again I wasn't sure how those secured to the dash. These oddly enough, look very similar to the new Honda cup holder, but do not have the 4 tabs. Link for reference.

Hope this helps someone looking to upgrade. I think these were worth the wait and expense over the generic replacements. The Crossroads 3Ds look nice enough, but are more expensive and look less stock to me. I did not see where anyone actually installed the Polaris cup holders and I wasn't committed enough to spend $40+ to find out.

I got a few pictures of the enlarged hole for the new cup holders, the tabs on the cup holder, and the cup holder installed. Also took a couple of Yeti 30 oz tumbler in it. The last picture I'm trying to show how the Yeti is resting against the back of the dash and a larger tumbler/mug may not work.

Image4 Image3 Image2 Image1 Image0

Last edited:
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have seen mentioned in other threads that the cup holders from the Pioneer 1000 2022+ model are an upgrade over the previous gen Pioneer 1000. I was finally able to get a set of the 2022+ cup holders and install in my 2018 Pioneer 1000. These new ones are indeed bigger, deeper, and sit flush to the dash. It will hold a 30 oz Yeti type insulated tumbler. I am hesitant to say if they will hold the bigger 40 oz Yeti tumbler, not because of the cup holder but because the dash limits the size of the tumbler above the cup holder rim.

I ordered from Partzilla. With tax and shipping, a pair were around $26. Just a note on the listing in the link, it is for one cup holder not a pair. Took 7 weeks to receive the cup holders, which I was expecting based on others experience in previous threads. Below is a link to the listing on Partzilla. The current listing states it will ship in 2-3 days, I think it said that when I ordered, but maybe they have stock on hand now.

The 2022+ model cup holders are not drop in replacements for the previous gen Pioneer 1000. You will need to trim the dash for the new ones to fit. This includes cutting the tabs that held the previous cup holders in the dash. The new cup holders have 4 small tabs that secure to the dash. I used a box cutter/utility knife to widen the hole to accommodate the new ones. It doesn't take much trimming to get the hole big enough for the new ones. I would trim a litte from each side and test fit the new cup holder until it took mild pressure to force the cup holder into the dash past the 4 tabs. The biggest amount to remove is the old retention tabs. The installation video for the Crossroads 3D cupholders sold on Amazon is helpful. Sorry I did not get pictures of the installation. Link to Crossroads 3D listing on Amazon. Installation video is on that page.

I previously looked at using the inexpensive Amarine set from Amazon, but wasn't sure about just friction fitting the cup holders in the dash or glueing into the dash. Link for reference.

There were also threads mentioning Polaris cup holders working, but again I wasn't sure how those secured to the dash. These oddly enough, look very similar to the new Honda cup holder, but do not have the 4 tabs. Link for reference.

Hope this helps someone looking to upgrade. I think these were worth the wait and expense over the generic replacements. The Crossroads 3Ds look nice enough, but are more expensive and look less stock to me. I did not see where anyone actually installed the Polaris cup holders and I wasn't committed enough to spend $40+ to find out.

I got a few pictures of the enlarged hole for the new cup holders, the tabs on the cup holder, and the cup holder installed. Also took a couple of Yeti 30 oz tumbler in it. The last picture I'm trying to show how the Yeti is resting against the back of the dash and a larger tumbler/mug may not work.

View attachment 410399 View attachment 410400 View attachment 410401 View attachment 410402 View attachment 410403
I'm using these instead since my cell phone mount is in my cup holder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085JW79V5/?tag=sxsweb24-20

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered these same cup holders from Partzilla a while back. Just got around to installing them today.
Good upgrade. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Yakman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!