P700 Curious about value

E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I currently own (well the bank does mostly) a 2016 700-4 in red, with 1800 miles. No frills, just led cubes and a half windshield.

A good deal came up on a 2016 p1k-5 deluxe with 800miles and a fair amount of accessories. I just don't want to lose my ass on selling my rig to get the new (to me) and shiny one. Local dealer was so kind to offer a whopping $5500, I declined.

Long story short what is price these have actually been selling for?

DesertRat

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I sold mine last summer for @ 8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertRat

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
What was the year and mileage?

‘15 with 5,500 miles; hardtop, 28” General Grabbers, Half windshield, rotopax mounts & tanks. And Fox shocks on all four corners.

And it was $8,800 - I rounded down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Aafe43ff5046b04db4705c30079c6917

Last edited:
Reactions: Evan
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It depends on the area, but around my neck of the woods you don't see any for under $8K.
100% true, esp in regards to mileage. @DesertRat got 8800 with 5500 miles. I'm guessing he got that out west where that kind of mileage is fairly normal. I sold my 2014 here in KY with around 8500 miles and most people wouldn't even give me the chance to price it.

Reactions: Mudwing
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I usually keep an eye out on Pioneers selling around my area. I've seen people trying to sell barely used (500 miles or less) 700-4's around $10k. They sit on Craigslist for months without any movement. I too have considered upgrading to the 1000 but I don't want to take the hit either. I can't justify losing $5k plus on the machine upgrade plus the accessories I've added. If the 1000 had less issues I'd consider the upgrade a little more. However, I keep convincing myself to just keep the 700 and upgrade later on. If I'm going to lose my @ss I might as well drive it into the ground Lol.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I currently own (well the bank does mostly) a 2016 700-4 in red, with 1800 miles. No frills, just led cubes and a half windshield.

A good deal came up on a 2016 p1k-5 deluxe with 800miles and a fair amount of accessories. I just don't want to lose my ass on selling my rig to get the new (to me) and shiny one. Local dealer was so kind to offer a whopping $5500, I declined.

Long story short what is price these have actually been selling for?
5500 is too low,7500 sounds more realistic in my area

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
There are two on Craigslist in my area now, a ‘15 and ‘16, under 500 miles for $9500. So maybe $7500-8500 for yours, private sale. Dealers will low ball to make money.

Reactions: swsebek
Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2013
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Before I bought my 17' 700-2 this summer, I searched around for about 6 months looking for a used one. The rare ones that I did come across were at or above the price of $9400 that I paid for mine brand new from the dealer. I really didn't want to buy a new machine, but the used market and resale value of these Honda's made me do it.

Reactions: LandPioneer
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Before I bought my 17' 700-2 this summer, I searched around for about 6 months looking for a used one. The rare ones that I did come across were at or above the price of $9400 that I paid for mine brand new from the dealer. I really didn't want to buy a new machine, but the used market and resale value of these Honda's made me do it.
One thing bad I've noticed about these SxS's is terrible resale. It's not just the Honda brand either. All of them produce too many new ones and end up with too many last year models. They then slash the prices in order to move them... I've come to the realization that any SxS I buy, I better be in it for the long haul. Either that or get ready to lose my @ss... Lol

Reactions: PolkaJoe
E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I usually keep an eye out on Pioneers selling around my area. I've seen people trying to sell barely used (500 miles or less) 700-4's around $10k. They sit on Craigslist for months without any movement. I too have considered upgrading to the 1000 but I don't want to take the hit either. I can't justify losing $5k plus on the machine upgrade plus the accessories I've added. If the 1000 had less issues I'd consider the upgrade a little more. However, I keep convincing myself to just keep the 700 and upgrade later on. If I'm going to lose my @ss I might as well drive it into the ground Lol.

That's my dilemma, want the good deal on a 1000-5 but not feeling like getting bent over to get it!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's my dilemma, want the good deal on a 1000-5 but not feeling like getting bent over to get it!
I'm pretty set on not upgrading at this point. I've seen some great deals on 1000s. However, my thought is keep the 700 until it is realistically worth around $5k and then do something different.

E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm pretty set on not upgrading at this point. I've seen some great deals on 1000s. However, my thought is keep the 700 until it is realistically worth around $5k and then do something different.

I've decided that if i can get over $9k it's gone but anything less I'll keep it another year. Biggest issue holding me back is simply still owing a decent amount on it. If i owned it outright I'd probably sell it to the first guy to come along with an offer.

Want a second one? Haha

DesertRat

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
The more I'm looking around i fear I'll be going slow and steady for another year.

I bought it with 50 miles on the odometer (stock with no options), still on the first tank of fuel, a year before I sold it and paid $7,500, from a guy who hadn’t even discovered where the gas cap was located. He also owed more than he sold it for, but wanted it gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought it with 50 miles on the odometer, still on the first tank of fuel, a year before I sold it and paid $7,500, from a guy who hadn’t even discovered where the gas cap was located. He also owed more than he sold it for, but wanted it gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have the luxury of saying to hell with it I'll dump it and start over.

We used it a ton the first year, 1600 miles. Second year not so much, a newborn got in the way of fun time so I only racked up another 200miles last year from a couple short runs and a fishing trip.

I'm hoping up in my neck of the woods I can get a decent price for it and pull off what i want to do, but I'm probably not going to hold my breath seeing the prices here hahahaha.

Reactions: LandPioneer
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've decided that if i can get over $9k it's gone but anything less I'll keep it another year. Biggest issue holding me back is simply still owing a decent amount on it. If i owned it outright I'd probably sell it to the first guy to come along with an offer.

Want a second one? Haha
Lol negative ghost rider. I stopped keeping up with accessories around $5ko_O And I know it would just start all over again with a new one:eek:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol negative ghost rider. I stopped keeping up with accessories around $5ko_O And I know it would just start all over again with a new one:eek:

It was a gut punch when I added them all up to update insurance coverage.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
It was a gut punch when I added them all up to update insurance coverage.
Ridiculous really. I would've never spent for a completed machine what I've spent for this one. I'm kind of disappointed in myself Lol. I got hoodwinked!

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!