P500 Custom Cab Enclosure Update

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys, provided a link to pix on recent updates to cab. The notion is to design doors now and I'm gonna update the front window to glass, with Lexan frame using stock ROPS Clamps with a flip out provision. More on that later.

In the link you'll have to scroll to see pix. Basically bolted a support at top rear of ROPS to tie the roof and rear cab together. Clear roof is Lexan, which I've attached with nut-serts into the ROPS tubing. Rear wall of cab (3mm UHMW) is Velcroed to ROPS tubs, also used stock Honda ROPS clamps. Put a vapour barrier between rear wall of cab and seat base to limit dust and some noise out and integrated it with my intake. I've designed and built it in modules so I can remove sections and still drive, (e.g.,say I wanna remove back wall of cab). All comes apart with no tools, Velcro and ROPS clamps only, save for the Lexan clear roof. Need to put some Kms on now to try it out :)
Dropbox - P5 mods
Now the doors.....o_O
Cheer

Reactions: Raynman and iowaguy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey Guys, provided a link to pix on recent updates to cab. The notion is to design doors now and I'm gonna update the front window to glass, with Lexan frame using stock ROPS Clamps with a flip out provision. More on that later.

In the link you'll have to scroll to see pix. Basically bolted a support at top rear of ROPS to tie the roof and rear cab together. Clear roof is Lexan, which I've attached with nut-serts into the ROPS tubing. Rear wall of cab (3mm UHMW) is Velcroed to ROPS tubs, also used stock Honda ROPS clamps. Put a vapour barrier between rear wall of cab and seat base to limit dust and some noise out and integrated it with my intake. I've designed and built it in modules so I can remove sections and still drive, (e.g.,say I wanna remove back wall of cab). All comes apart with no tools, Velcro and ROPS clamps only, save for the Lexan clear roof. Need to put some Kms on now to try it out :)
Dropbox - P5 mods
Now the doors.....o_O
Cheer
Very nice work!!!

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice work!!!
Thanks Monte... It's been a bit of a head scratcher at times, along with trial and redesign, but I'm pleased with the way it's coming together. Short idle around the yard it seems quieter in the cab now. Just thought of this now.... I'll try to download an app that measures decibels and check.

Doors thinking 1/2 high UHMW 3mm thick (maybe thinner), pop-riveted to a frame of some sort. Then zip or Velcro in Windows. Front windshield will be similar to stock with the frame built from Lexan and the vision part glass, think I'll make it flip up from the bottom too. Install an e-wiper too.

jrc

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks Monte... It's been a bit of a head scratcher at times, along with trial and redesign, but I'm pleased with the way it's coming together. Short idle around the yard it seems quieter in the cab now. Just thought of this now.... I'll try to download an app that measures decibels and check.

Doors thinking 1/2 high UHMW 3mm thick (maybe thinner), pop-riveted to a frame of some sort. Then zip or Velcro in Windows. Front windshield will be similar to stock with the frame built from Lexan and the vision part glass, think I'll make it flip up from the bottom too. Install an e-wiper too.

jrc
It really is a blast building these things out, personalizing and customizing them. I'll be watching for your ongoing reports and photos. I'll be posting pictures and comments in the dual battery thread today or tomorrow as I have that project now complete!

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
It really is a blast building these things out, personalizing and customizing them. I'll be watching for your ongoing reports and photos. I'll be posting pictures and comments in the dual battery thread today or tomorrow as I have that project now complete!

Looking forward to your pix and comments on the Dual system, good to get that one out of the way. I do get a kick out of messing with my P5 for sure, lots to learn yet!

jrc

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I really like the rear panel, and your battery/underhood box. Also, the mud flaps in front of the rear wheels. That's a great idea! The cab looks clean, and I look forward to seeing your door design. You look like you're enjoying yourself. Ha!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Dropbox - P5 mods
Now the doors.....o_O
Cheer
Btw, did you not mention once that you might be installing a power inverter jrc??

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I really like the rear panel, and your battery/underhood box. Also, the mud flaps in front of the rear wheels. That's a great idea! The cab looks clean, and I look forward to seeing your door design. You look like you're enjoying yourself. Ha!

Thanks p500fan, it's good humour to mess with and I'm learning lots.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Btw, did you not mention once that you might be installing a power inverter jrc??

That was the notion... It's just a ways down the list, doors, v2 front windshield, power steering, auxiliary front and rear lights, fuel controller, exhaust and cab heater, power inverter, blue tooth speakers.

The good news is the wife loves drivin/riding in this rig so I don't have to invest in more diamonds, purses, (over and above the pre-existing quota...heh heh) and guns, she loves guns which is a good thing most days...

jrc

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That was the notion... It's just a ways down the list, doors, v2 front windshield, power steering, auxiliary front and rear lights, fuel controller, exhaust and cab heater, power inverter, blue tooth speakers.

The good news is the wife loves drivin/riding in this rig so I don't have to invest in more diamonds, purses, (over and above the pre-existing quota...heh heh) and guns, she loves guns which is a good thing most days...

jrc
That's funny brother!!!!!

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Dropbox - P5 mods
Now the doors.....o_O
Cheer
I like your rear panel idea,

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I like your rear panel idea,

Thanks Iowa... Just finishing up some rear stix stoppers using same material 3mm thick UHMW. I bought a 4' by 10' sheet, sure is nice to work with and I'd tough as nails. Will put up pix of stix stoppers when done.

jrc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!