Talon Custom dnr registration plate

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
My dnr registration numbers came in the mail yesterday, so I designed and built a custom plate and cut vinyl for it today. I considered a few different places, but settled on putting the plate directly onto the muffler trim cover. The plate is computer designed, nc plasma cut, 0.125" aluminum. 20190417 161215
I put a bend along the top edge to make it smoother where I may contact it when accessing the cargo bed. Countersunk stainless flat head hardware holds it, with drilled holes thru the plastic muffler trim part. The plate is nicely recessed into the space. Even spent the time to custom draw each number or letter to somewhat match the Talon font best I could.
Hey, it's pouring here so this gets me a day closer to riding.
Pic attached.

Last edited:
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Looks sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully the bolts arent too close to the muffler. I had a similar plate mount on my 1000 and the nuts melted through the plastic.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
The nylock nuts on the backside of the plastic, are about 2 inches from the heat reflective shield, which is separate from the muffler. So I'm pretty sure there is no heat issue. Thanks, I'll monitor it.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The nylock nuts on the backside of the plastic, are about 2 inches from the heat reflective shield, which is separate from the muffler. So I'm pretty sure there is no heat issue. Thanks, I'll monitor it.
Yup, thats where mine were. Melted right through

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!