BOX1

P500 CV joint clicking

S

smileyjl

Apr 7, 2016
Meyersdale, PA
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys been reading on this forum for a few months now ever since I bought my p500 in April. I have been having a blast on the little beast all summer. Went for a ride with a buddy of mine this past weekend and went through some gnarly mud holes at Mountain Ridge ATV trails here in SW PA. Towards the end of the ride I began to hear a clicking sound coming from the rear end, mainly around corners. We stopped to take a look and noticed a little grease on the outside of the rear passenger inner CV boot. I assumed Honda would not cover the CV joint if there was a ripped boot so I bought a complete aftermarket axle for $200. The CV joint alone was locally $90-$120 from the dealer. Once I removed the axle tonight I noticed the boot was leaking from around the metal band. You can kinda see that in the pics. Do you think Honda would have covered this under their warranty? It's a 2016 sitting with a little over 400 miles. Don't have a whole lot done to it yet... Moose Roof, Super winch and some LED work lights.
IMG 20160818 205541118
IMG 20160818 205555410

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hey guys been reading on this forum for a few months now ever since I bought my p500 in April. I have been having a blast on the little beast all summer. Went for a ride with a buddy of mine this past weekend and went through some gnarly mud holes at Mountain Ridge ATV trails here in SW PA. Towards the end of the ride I began to hear a clicking sound coming from the rear end, mainly around corners. We stopped to take a look and noticed a little grease on the outside of the rear passenger inner CV boot. I assumed Honda would not cover the CV joint if there was a ripped boot so I bought a complete aftermarket axle for $200. The CV joint alone was locally $90-$120 from the dealer. Once I removed the axle tonight I noticed the boot was leaking from around the metal band. You can kinda see that in the pics. Do you think Honda would have covered this under their warranty? It's a 2016 sitting with a little over 400 miles. Don't have a whole lot done to it yet... Moose Roof, Super winch and some LED work lights.View attachment 20468 View attachment 20469
I don't know if they would warranty that or not. Why didn't you check before you did it yourself? You must ride that P5 hard! :):):)

S

smileyjl

Apr 7, 2016
Meyersdale, PA
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I did call the dealer and was told that if the boot was ripped they would not cover it. However, I did not look closely enough to see that it was leaking at the metal band. I was just too interested in getting it back up and going I guess. I normally just do some trail riding with my kids, nothing too extreme. This past weekend it did take a little abuse, some of them trails were rough.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I did call the dealer and was told that if the boot was ripped they would not cover it. However, I did not look closely enough to see that it was leaking at the metal band. I was just too interested in getting it back up and going I guess. I normally just do some trail riding with my kids, nothing too extreme. This past weekend it did take a little abuse, some of them trails were rough.
Stick stoppers! ;)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!