P1000 Darby's "Top Gun Edition"

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I picked up my new 2024 Pioneer(3) 1000 March 2nd.... and it's been a bit over 2 months of on and off working on getting this rig set up just the way I want it. This is a picture of the "Before", after just picking it up.
IMG 6623

I had LOTS to do, to get it where I wanted. I honestly wanted a camo edition... but of course, you have to buy the Forest Edition to get that... which was not available to me locally at the time, and I already had a 5000 lb winch I was moving over... so went with what I had available. Same color and options of my original 2016 Pioneer.

Here is what it now looks like, after all the Mods (which I will explain later)..:

IMG 6991
IMG 6992

I had plenty of ideas and good, and bad, experiences to work from with my existing 2016 Pioneer(3) 1000 - that has been a great rig. I really liked that they hadn't changed the design of the Pioneer very much at all.... so I could move most of the really good stuff from my old rig, to my new rig. Items such as my :
  • Tough Country bumper with front stinger
  • Elka Stage 5 shocks
  • Trail Armor 1/2" full skid plates
  • Viper Elite 5000# winch w/wireless remote (since replaced with new Viper V2 Wide 6000# winch w/wireless remote)
  • Rear Bumper
  • Throttle Maxx Pedal
  • Garmin Montana GPS
  • 50" Front LED
  • Rear LED Lights
  • Tusk Jack
  • STI Beadlock Rims
  • 2nd Battery w/True Isolater
  • Hand Grabs
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Additional Bed Tiedowns
  • Rear A-Arm Guards (Front A-Arms have changed, and couldn't move front guards)
  • Upright Gun Rack
  • Orchard pruner attachment
  • Hunting Box and Attachments (only mounted during hunting season)
What I bought "New"... as either upgrades from old Pioneer, or "additions"... :

• All electrical powered with "key on" - with "bypass button" to power Stereo and USB when want without key
  • NOAM 4 channel Bluetooth Amp/Speakers
  • Dual Voltmeter with bypass button to test with no key
  • Honda Fuse Box & Mount
  • Wired for Battery Tender - Main & Aux
  • Side LED lights
  • Positive BUS Bar
  • Negative BUS Bar
  • MossyOak Camo wrap (Shadow Grass Habitat) - did myself
  • MossyOak Camo Lettering for Tailgate
  • "Pioneer 1000" vinyl lettering for sides
  • "Top Gun Edition" vinyl lettering for sides
  • Viper V2 Wide 6000lb Winch w/wireless remote
  • Extended cables for tailgate (so lays flat)
  • Upgraded door bushings
  • Under Hood light & switch
  • Horn w/lighted switch
  • white painted raised letters on dash
  • Light on dash when key on - to see switches at night prior to turning on lights
  • Interior lights & Switch
  • dash lights as well as glovebox light when headlights are engaged
  • Front A-Arm Guards (Ricochet)
  • Glove Box custom "Pioneer" "Top Gun Edition" 3d sign
  • Roctane T4 28x10x14 tires
    IMG 6623
    IMG 6991
    IMG 6992
    IMG 6966
    IMG 6967
    IMG 6968
    IMG 6970
    IMG 6971
    IMG 6973
    IMG 6974
    IMG 6975
    IMG 6977
    IMG 6979
    IMG 6982
    IMG 6984

Here are a few more pictures....

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I picked up my new 2024 Pioneer(3) 1000 March 2nd.... and it's been a bit over 2 months of on and off working on getting this rig set up just the way I want it. This is a picture of the "Before", after just picking it up. View attachment 428829

I had LOTS to do, to get it where I wanted. I honestly wanted a camo edition... but of course, you have to buy the Forest Edition to get that... which was not available to me locally at the time, and I already had a 5000 lb winch I was moving over... so went with what I had available. Same color and options of my original 2016 Pioneer.

Here is what it now looks like, after all the Mods (which I will explain later)..:

View attachment 428831View attachment 428832

I had plenty of ideas and good, and bad, experiences to work from with my existing 2016 Pioneer(3) 1000 - that has been a great rig. I really liked that they hadn't changed the design of the Pioneer very much at all.... so I could move most of the really good stuff from my old rig, to my new rig. Items such as my :
  • Elka Stage 5 shocks
  • Viper Elite 5000# winch w/wireless remote (since replaced with new Viper V2 Wide 6000# winch w/wireless remote)
  • Rear Bumper
  • Throttle Maxx Pedal
  • Garmin Montana GPS
  • 50" Front LED
  • Rear LED Lights
  • Tusk Jack
  • STI Beadlock Rims
  • Hand Grabs
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Upright Gun Rack

wow - awesome !!!!

now gonna need a turbo added to offset the HP loss by not being red

Enjoy

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I picked up my new 2024 Pioneer(3) 1000 March 2nd.... and it's been a bit over 2 months of on and off working on getting this rig set up just the way I want it. This is a picture of the "Before", after just picking it up. View attachment 428829

View attachment 428831View attachment 428832

• Elka Stage 5 shocks
  • Rear Bumper
  • Throttle Maxx Pedal
  • Garmin Montana GPS
  • 50" Front LED
  • Rear LED Lights
  • Tusk Jack
  • STI Beadlock Rims
  • Hand Grabs
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Upright Gun Rack

Nice looking rig! I believe those are Stage 5 Elka shocks? How do you like them, and about how long was the lead time to get them & from which vendor or direct?

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
advertisement
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice looking rig! I believe those are Stage 5 Elka shocks? How do you like them, and about how long was the lead time to get them & from which vendor or direct?
They are... i absolutely love them. I bought them a couple years ago, and ran them on my 2016 Pioneer... and moved them over to this rig without any modifications... They are overkill for someone like me, who doesn't play with the myriad of adjustments available - but at the time there was a sale going on, and the 5's were like the same price as the 3's. I bought them through iShock.com .... (Darren McGarvie) they asked a bunch of questions about weight / type of riding / etc... to tune the shocks prior to shipping for me. I'm not a shock expert... but the ride was incredibly improved. I had the shocks in 2 weeks from ordering.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They are... i absolutely love them. I bought them a couple years ago, and ran them on my 2016 Pioneer... and moved them over to this rig without any modifications... They are overkill for someone like me, who doesn't play with the myriad of adjustments available - but at the time there was a sale going on, and the 5's were like the same price as the 3's. I bought them through iShock.com .... (Darren McGarvie) they asked a bunch of questions about weight / type of riding / etc... to tune the shocks prior to shipping for me. I'm not a shock expert... but the ride was incredibly improved. I had the shocks in 2 weeks from ordering.
Thanks for the impressions and answers. Definitely looking at going with Stage 3 versions.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!