Dash heat... A Different Approach

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone. I, like many of you with a windshield/roof/rear panel setup, have been struggling with dash heat through the shifter slots and seat heat. I've seen several innovative solutions on this forum to solve these issues that are very effective, and I'd like to offer my solutions. For the seat heat I ran a continous sheet of automotive double sided foil heat shield from the front of the seat frame to the top of the frame for the seat back with the only openings being tiny slits for the seat belts and locating pegs/hooks for the seat bottom. Works wonders! Great! Problem solved. Then I was going to mod my dash using one of several ideas I saw on this site and then I had an idea... The crux of the problem is caused by a low pressure condition created in the cab at speed causing radiator heat to be, not blown in, but sucked in through the shifter slots and steering column. So I figured... All I gotta do is overcome the pressure of the radiator- heated air and get some ambient temperature air coming through those slots. So I came up with this...

View attachment 48754
Any way I can have you send me a template of your hood vent ?
Thank you,

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any way I can have you send me a template of your hood vent ?
Thank you,
Yes sir! I'm just getting back from a long trip so I've been away from this site for a few days. I'll get some made up and I'll contact you. Glad you like it. It really works wonderfully.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bad A$$ look for Sure!!

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have free templates available for mesh grille inserts for hoods if anyone wants one. Just "start a conversation" with me so JTW doesn't send you nudes of himself. Gotcha!!
Thank you for the template, I will be sending you out a little something in the next week or so, enjoy and thank you for being so willing to help me out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!