P700 Dash stuck on like a Christmas tree

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Our 19 700-4 has 14 hours and 99 miles on it as of this first little issue. Tonight the kids and I were driving around the back yard a bit and stopped to grab some water, left it running. I walked about 40 feet away, with my kids sitting in their seats. Heard it shut off as I was heading back, less than a minute later.

Up to that point, fan kicked on 2-3 times like normal and temp gauge was at 2 bars. When I got back to the rig, fan was on, temp gauge was full, not sure if check engine light was on though I believe it was flashing. I kicked the kids out and turned the key off, though the dash stayed lit up with everything on like the key was still on. Fan stayed on for a few seconds.

I took a video of the dash, looked like 6 flashes of the engine light followed by 4 short flashes, repeating over and over. I gave it about 10 minutes then lifted the seat and pulled the 40a fuse. Plugged it in a few short minutes later and all back to normal. Before that I cycled the key a few times and tried to start with no fire.

Only other issue I have had is starting up while parked on a steep incline (back of my truck) and it will run for a couple seconds then shut off, after sitting overnight. I chalked it up to the angle, since once relit all is good.

I have no baseline to go off but the machine seems to run a bit rough at idle. I have a few XRs and DRZs that idle super smooth, not sure if it is just the nature of a bigger single or something else. The engine cradle does knock around a but at idle. It also hasn't had much run time so I haven't worried much.

Anything to worry about yet?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Our 19 700-4 has 14 hours and 99 miles on it as of this first little issue. Tonight the kids and I were driving around the back yard a bit and stopped to grab some water, left it running. I walked about 40 feet away, with my kids sitting in their seats. Heard it shut off as I was heading back, less than a minute later.

Up to that point, fan kicked on 2-3 times like normal and temp gauge was at 2 bars. When I got back to the rig, fan was on, temp gauge was full, not sure if check engine light was on though I believe it was flashing. I kicked the kids out and turned the key off, though the dash stayed lit up with everything on like the key was still on. Fan stayed on for a few seconds.

I took a video of the dash, looked like 6 flashes of the engine light followed by 4 short flashes, repeating over and over. I gave it about 10 minutes then lifted the seat and pulled the 40a fuse. Plugged it in a few short minutes later and all back to normal. Before that I cycled the key a few times and tried to start with no fire.

Only other issue I have had is starting up while parked on a steep incline (back of my truck) and it will run for a couple seconds then shut off, after sitting overnight. I chalked it up to the angle, since once relit all is good.

I have no baseline to go off but the machine seems to run a bit rough at idle. I have a few XRs and DRZs that idle super smooth, not sure if it is just the nature of a bigger single or something else. The engine cradle does knock around a but at idle. It also hasn't had much run time so I haven't worried much.

Anything to worry about yet?
A 500 single thumper can wiggle at idle.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Took it for a little ride yesterday, got stuck for a few hours (mud, not machine problems) after doing first service and all was well, didn't miss a beat.

I dont currently have a hood, wonder if something in the fuse box got wet? It blew off on the highway last trip up to the mountains, and we did drive around one rainy day. It looks like it stayed dry but who knows.