• Thread starter ibleedjohndeeregreen
  • Start date
ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my p1k-5 showed up today around 4ish. I packed my wife daughter and ansix pack of daddy sodas up to go check my crops. I had a fair warning of the heat from under the seat. I am going to address that with the heat shield kit I have seen on these forums and probly a bilge fan. But a major concern that I have(which isn't that important). My Daddy Soda got so hot in the front cup holder I poured it out. Do the above upgrades cure my daddy soda from boiling? I ran the machine mostly around 8-10 mph and it seemed to whine real loud. I could barely hear my wife talk. Does that get better over time?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my p1k-5 showed up today around 4ish. I packed my wife daughter and ansix pack of daddy sodas up to go check my crops. I had a fair warning of the heat from under the seat. I am going to address that with the heat shield kit I have seen on these forums and probly a bilge fan. But a major concern that I have(which isn't that important). My Daddy Soda got so hot in the front cup holder I poured it out. Do the above upgrades cure my daddy soda from boiling? I ran the machine mostly around 8-10 mph and it seemed to whine real loud. I could barely hear my wife talk. Does that get better over time?
Yes I got 400 miles now and it's noticeably lower.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad to see you got the new ride. It gets quieter. After first service you should be happy.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I quiets down and even alittle more with a heat shield. As for the beer go to the beach to one of those novelty shops and get a funnel about 2 ft long, pour the beer in it and chug! It won't even have a chance to get warm. It might be hard to explain that to the kids if they see you do that with the daddy soda though.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Drink the "Daddy Sodas" faster!

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use manual mode when you're driving slow and put it in a higher gear once you're rolling around to keep RPM's down and the noise down. That what I do when I am trying to be quiet in the woods.

advertisement
ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After further inspection I noticed there is not a heat sheild under the dash. I looked at my brothers 700 and it has a heat shield under the dash. Is the 1000 suppose to have a shield under the dash?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After further inspection I noticed there is not a heat sheild under the dash. I looked at my brothers 700 and it has a heat shield under the dash. Is the 1000 suppose to have a shield under the dash?
No

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it was 68 degrees this morning. Went and sprayed weeds for aprrox 45 minutes. My average speed was 10mph. My phone was in the dash console. The extreme heat made my phone unusable. I had the warning screen on my phone stating it was to hot and needed to cool before use. I am extremely disappointed in the dash heat. I have called the dealer and got the " I will look into it." Has anyone put a heat shield under the dash like the 700's?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well it was 68 degrees this morning. Went and sprayed weeds for aprrox 45 minutes. My average speed was 10mph. My phone was in the dash console. The extreme heat made my phone unusable. I had the warning screen on my phone stating it was to hot and needed to cool before use. I am extremely disappointed in the dash heat. I have called the dealer and got the " I will look into it." Has anyone put a heat shield under the dash like the 700's?
You sure your brother didn't add that? I don't think my 700 has a heat shield under the dash.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You sure your brother didn't add that? I don't think my 700 has a heat shield under the dash.

700 stock vs 1000 stock. Hard to tell but the 700 has a angled shield that in my opinion is enough to push the radiator heat underneath the machine

Image Image

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Different angles of 700 vs 1000 heat issue

Image Image

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh ok I know which one you're talking about now. I ditched that one when I installed my power steering but I don't think my dash gets that hot.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh ok I know which one you're talking about now. I ditched that one when I installed my power steering but I don't think my dash gets that hot.
Interesting.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!