Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks @Remington, appreciate the info. And for all above who provided input and gave me the desire to "DIY". I got it done, FINALLY, this weekend.

In the end, it looks fantastic. Just don't look closely :-D In all honesty, doing it yourself saved a lot of $$$, but it truly was a PAIN IN THE REAR. Working with the vinyl is as much art as it is science. The reality is it's a SXS so it's gonna get roughed up. I love the camo, glad I did it.

For those who were asking about the screw holes... here is what I did.
  1. On the back/bed panels that have the deep pockets... I cut small pieces and lined the holes. Then overlaid the holes with the sheet of camo. Then simply cut an "X" and pushed in the 4 corners into the hole.
  2. On all the shallow holes, I just overlaid the sheet, used a need to poke a hole and pushed screws through to is would create a tear. After heating/pressing the vinyl into the recesses, it worked great.
I removed all the panels and worked with them on a table top. Working on the hood/front section was the hardest as it was the only piece I couldn't remove.

View attachment 417303

Lookin good! I'm wondering about the UV stability on that. Remember when ???yamaha??? had those purple camo issues years ago?

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine is in the garage except when I am driving it, so I am not personally concerned about long term UV impact. However, I have had plenty of things (camo) sit in UV and end up a faded purple-ish camo pattern.

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
been thinking of doing the vinyl wrap in Camo myself.... anyone know IF Creative UTV Graphics is still around? I've tried messaging him on this forum, called the phone number for CreativeUTVgraphics, and emailing... no responses.. Not even sure if what he offers is actually different than going straight to Mossy Oak (or Amazon)? And my SxS is a 2024... which has the headlights wrapped in honda red, not black like my 2016... so IF his are "pre-cut"... does he do that piece also, because earlier models didn't need wrap around headlights... ?

thoughts??

Reactions: ChadD
someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's Walters handle. would like to send a query for club pricing. i don't expect special service, but definitely interested in a wrap and a custom hood decal

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!