BOX1

P1000 Derby weekend

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The annual state wide ice fishing derby was last weekend. Spent Friday morning through Saturday afternoon on the ice, and of course used the pioneer to transport my setup.
Here’s my dad once “camp” was set.
A3A76DDB 7C1D 4DB7 B2A4 CE72832440E7

He was just hanging for the day, while I was spending the night in my pop up. Between the pioneer bed and my Jed sled XL I was able to get everything I brought in one trip, which is nice when the truck was 4 miles away.
Interior of camp.
9EA26851 7EA1 4CC8 9775 C2594B59BAAA

fishing was on the slower side. 8 cusk, 2 white perch and one laker. Cusk we’re all too small for eating so they went back down the whole as well at the laker. Perch get the fillet and fry treatment, fish tacos.

weather was unseasonable warm and by Saturday afternoon the little snow that was on the ice had melted into 2-3” of standing water. Drilled drain holes around camp in hopes of staying dry since I had a tarp and interlocking foam floor down inside the pop up, some water swirled down the holes but not enough. The temp was supposed to drop to 18 overnight. I decided to pack up rather than spend Sunday morning chopping my camp out of the ice. Pre thaw
71016C0C FF69 4ABB 80F9 78534000E571

Overall it was a good couple days. Spent some time with my dad, caught a few fish and put 75 miles on the pioneer. Now she is ready for the first service.
C4F084EA 5AB9 458D 8A91 A353D041652E

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice setup, and good call getting the hell out of there before you got frozen in.

So what's the deal with this derby weekend?

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice setup, and good call getting the hell out of there before you got frozen in.

So what's the deal with this derby weekend?
It’s the Meredith Rotary Derby. starts Friday at midnight and runs till Sunday at 4:30. You can fish any waterbody in the state, but the headquarters and weigh in are in Meredith on Lake Winnipesaukee. There are different categories based on species, lake trout, rainbow trout, cusk, white and yellow perch, black crappie and pickerel. Biggest fish in each category for the weekend get entered into a drawing for the top prizes, $15k for 1st, $5k for 2nd and $3k for 3rd. Also lots of random draws for cash and such.

winner this year was an 11.6 lb lake trout. Couple nice 6+lb rainbows were entered as well.

Reactions: Kal and Lady01
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!