P1000 Differences between lithium and non-lith kit in the HSxS store?

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Ok, obviously one kit supports a lithium battery. But why is the lithium kit cheaper. From what I can tell the lithium kit is missing the key-on relay? Is it possible to add a key-on relay for it?

Are most people going with the lithium kit now? I like the idea of lithium being way lighter, and having very little idle drain... I'd be tempted to dual lithium, but I hate to waste a perfectly good factory battery, so I was planning to keep stock, and add a lithium accessory battery, then when the factory battery eventually dies, I'll replace it with lithium.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
The lithium kit is a few $ more. You may be looking at one with the voltmeter vs not..
I just looked at it.. Ya, I need to work on that presentation of the isolators...

The difference.
The Lithium cut in/out is a little higher for the lithium because Lithium holds at a higher voltage than standard.
The common battery resting voltage is 12.7+-
Lithium resting voltage is 13.4+-

We highly recommend 2 Lithium batteries, however, it is not required. Just make sure it is wired and the isolator is working correctly otherwise the standard battery will kill the Lithium battery. If you go with one Li and one std, I might recomend wireing your isolator to the alternate key-on/key-off method found here --> TRUEAM Isolator Alternate KEY-ON ONLY wiring method!

Lithium - $124.95

NON Lithium - $121.45

Reactions: Lady01 and sheamus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!