• Thread starter ibleedjohndeeregreen
  • Start date
ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This past summer spraying fence rows (5-7mph) out of the 1000-5 was so unbearable with heat in the cab. I have installed the fan and shield over the seat. I could perform the same job in my brothers 700 and no extra heat was noted. Really torqued me that I spent a lot more cash and was always wanting to take my brothers machine. The only difference I can see in the heat department (minus two different motors/machines) was the 700 had a deflector behind the radiator. I tore the hood off the 1000-5 and fabricated my own shield out of a heavy rubber conveyor belt. Not sure if this is going to be the fix but I bet 4 hours of my time today that it will.

IMG 5665 IMG 5674 IMG 5673 IMG 5675

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think the heat is coming from the radiator. I think it's coming from the motor mostly from exhaust manifold then up thru seat

I will agree with heat coming from the motor/exhaust the fans and shield under the seat have fixed a majority of that. Running the machine for hours at 5-10mph results in a insane amount of heat leaking through all parts of the dash i.e. cup holders, gear shifter etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The factory shield on the 700

IMG 5667

J

JTW

And are you saying it was still hot even with the fan and heat shield under the seat??

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heat under the seat was non existent with two fans and shield under the seat. Heat leaking from the dash is what roasted me.
I have asked Honda the same question as to why the 700 has a shield but not the 1000-5. Been told " that's a good question" never have received an answer

J

JTW

Heat under the seat was non existent with two fans and shield under the seat. Heat leaking from the dash is what roasted me.
I have asked Honda the same question as to why the 700 has a shield but not the 1000-5. Been told " that's a good question" never have received an answer
Lol.. sadly, that made chuckle!

J

JTW

After adding the shield.. is it necessary to take everything apart to get in there? Or do you think it's possible with less hassle?

advertisement
ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could probably wiggle something in there with out taking the hood off but then securing it might be difficult. Removing the hood was not difficult job. I have a tool that makes removing those plastic snap in button clips a breeze

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I noticed there is a rubber sheet that the shifter rod goes through. It hangs way down past the dash. I might try a shaft collar on the shifter to keep the rubber against the opening.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!