P1000 Stinger rely issue.

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Haven't found the correct search terms apparently... So here goes.

The singer is bleeding almost 10v to my Fuse box.

I've tried tappy tap tap on the side of the stinger, but still bleeds the nearly 10v.

Now I know I should have gotten the Cole Hersee.

Am I missing something? It's wired per Robert Sparre's excellent video.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TxDoc
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have a Digital Volt Ohm Meter, (and you should have!), in the DC volt mode put one lead on the common contact and one lead on the normally open contact of your relay (these should be the leads to the relay contacts, not the relay coil. With the relay energized (turned on) those contacts should be connected to each other with very low resistance and almost zero voltage measured. What voltage do you see across those contacts? If it's a few millivolts, okay. If it's 2 volts, as you say, the relay contacts are bad.

The Stinger relay, as you've read, has a less than stellar reputation, especially when operating in winter weather it seems. I'm using a Bosch 75 amp relay in mine, no problem, but only 'cause I have a bunch of them from other projects. Just get the Cole Hersee and be done with it.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just get the Cole Hersee and be done with it.

Yep. Just swap it out. Not worth your time dicky-dicking around trying to get it to work.
And the Stinger is still good for something once it’s removed. You can set it on a berm at 200 yards and see how many times you can hit It before the pieces get too small.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
And you confirmed this by disconnecting it at the post?

Fyi, they are fairly simple to take apart.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Things to check, thanks.

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
The two little low voltage terminals have 0 v between them when activated by key on.

It'll be a week or two before I can get a replacement, so I'll got back through and make sure everything is hooked up correctly.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The two little low voltage terminals have 0 v between them when activated by key on.

??? I'm not sure your doing this right... or maybe you said it wrong?

Because
The small post require 12v to activate the contactor. If you are testing 0v "when activated" then something is wrong with your testing method or setup.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WagginTail
nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I don't believe the stinger was working properly. I took it out and opened it up. Things moved freely, so I put it back together.

Reinstalled it and now everything works as it should. I don't know what happened to make that happen.

Thanks for the advice. Cole Hersee to be installed when I can get one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!