P1000 fox shocks with viper springs install issue

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a very well recommended guy installing a Texas Tough 3.5, Fox shocks, and Viper Springs. He said the diameter of the Viper springs is bigger than the ones that come on the Fox shocks, and that the keepers are barely holding it on. Any insight GREATLY appreciated!

Image000000

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
jeez, Don’t mean to be a d^*#, seems simple, buy the correct spring or keeper - what does the other end where the preload is set look like?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a very well recommended guy installing a Texas Tough 3.5, Fox shocks, and Viper Springs. He said the diameter of the Viper springs is bigger than the ones that come on the Fox shocks, and that the keepers are barely holding it on. Any insight GREATLY appreciated!

View attachment 401899
You probably got the wrong diameter springs

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
2.5" @250# and 3.0" @ 300# Vipers on Fox QS3 shocks, no problem:

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree with prescribed sizes for Fox, mentioned above.

Call the Distributor for Viper, FOA Offroad, great people.
Viper Shock spring selection

855-362-7469
Call or Text
[email protected]
F-O-A, First Over All
Off Road Shock Technology

6747 Spencer Street, Suite 1
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST
Rear 350#
20220521 164636

Last edited:
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Who buys performance parts for their vehicle on AMAZON? I'm missing something?

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Who buys performance parts for their vehicle on AMAZON? I'm I missing something?
Amazon is a marketplace. Not all products are sold and/or shipped by Amazon.

Many of the Amazon marketplace sellers are mom & pop shops and small businesses that sell name brand, reputable performance parts that simply use the Amazon Marketplace to extend their customer base.

Still other sellers that use Amazon to sell products are larger reputable companies, like SuperATV.

Viper springs are made by VST - Viper Spring Technologies - in Las Vegas, Nevada. They have a lifetime warranty and are sold through various authorized VST dealers, including some who use the Amazon marketplace to reach a larger audience.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Amazon is a marketplace. Not all products are sold and/or shipped by Amazon.

Many of the Amazon marketplace sellers are mom & pop shops and small businesses that sell name brand, reputable performance parts that simply use the Amazon Marketplace to extend their customer base.

Still other sellers that use Amazon to sell products are larger reputable companies, like SuperATV.

Viper springs are made by VST - Viper Spring Technologies - in Las Vegas, Nevada. They have a lifetime warranty and are sold through various authorized VST dealers, including some who use the Amazon marketplace to reach a larger audience.
I prefer to do business with my selling dealer, the Forum Store or purchase directly from the manufacturer. Amazon is owned by Jeff Bezos who also owns the Washington Post. Considering many of the posts on this forum, and if you consider yourself a Patriot, enriching Bezos speaks of supporting his skew on how we should live our lives. People like this are why we find ourselves in the conundrum we're in. Do as you please, but this cat hasn't profited from me and never will. Lastly, when you purchase from the Likes of Amazon, you're more apt to be reading or conversing on a thread such as this one. You're a good guy and I'm not trying to put you down, but we all need to think about things like this when purchasing items instead of rewarding these Ass Hats and their bad behavior.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I prefer to do business with my selling dealer, the Forum Store or purchase directly from the manufacturer. Amazon is owned by Jeff Bezos who also owns the Washington Post. Considering many of the posts on this forum, and if you consider yourself a Patriot, enriching Bezos speaks of supporting his skew on how we should live our lives. People like this are why we find ourselves in the conundrum we're in. Do as you please, but this cat hasn't profited from me and never will. Lastly, when you purchase from the Likes of Amazon, you're more apt to be reading or conversing on a thread such as this one. You're a good guy and I'm not trying to put you down, but we all need to think about things like this when purchasing items instead of rewarding these Ass Hats and their bad behavior.
We are on the same page, @Scrappapotamus. But you seem to have overlooked multiple posts of mine where I've shared that I always prefer to do business with small, US-based businesses, especially mom & pop shops, small manufacturers, and especially local (to me) businesses. I have and will continue to pay a premium to support these types of businesses when reasonable.

I've repeatedly encouraged everyone on these forums to do the same as well, if and when they can afford to do so. Unfortunately, I do understand that there are members on these forums who are not in a position to spend twice as much for something like some others can. Personally, I would never "put down" or think less of anyone who can not afford to pay that premium, but still wanted to enjoy this sport like the rest of us.

Also, there are many good US-based businesses - especially manufacturers - that do not sell directly to the public. I'm not going to refuse to help keep those Americans employed, simply because I can't buy directly from thier employer. VST is one of them.

Finally, there are many things no longer produced in the US. Folks hands are tied when it comes to that stuff, if needed.

I literally just posted yesterday on all the purchases I've made from the supporting vendors of these forums. Perhaps you missed that one.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!