P1000 Differential seal spring.... oops.

A

ayoung

Dec 19, 2015
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all,
I am replacing a front outer cv boot on my 1000.
Thanks @joeymt33 for the great youtube videos. Unfortunately I didn't watch the "install" video until too late.

I knocked the small spring out of the oil seal.

My question.....do I need a new one or is there a chance to carefully pull the seal and reinstall the spring? I don't have any experience with this.

Thanks
AYoung

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all,
I am replacing a front outer cv boot on my 1000.
Thanks @joeymt33 for the great youtube videos. Unfortunately I didn't watch the "install" video until too late.

I knocked the small spring out of the oil seal.

My question.....do I need a new one or is there a chance to carefully pull the seal and reinstall the spring? I don't have any experience with this.

Thanks
AYoung
You are probably better off to replace the seal. It is unlikely to remove the seal without wrecking it IMO.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. My dealer didn't have the seal in stock so I reinstalled without the spring to get me through the weekend. I expected some seepage but not even a drip. Will still replace, but was happy.
Right on! Glad you got out. That’s the important s**t

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!