P1000 Front Pinion seal Replacement

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Has anyone replaced there front pinion seal without removing the front diff from the machine. I have the manual and I'm just checking to see if anyone has done this with bypassing having to totally remove the front diff. I know when I replaced the rear pinion seal the rear diff didn't have to come out either like the manual said. Just looking for less stuff to remove and less work involved .

J

JHat

Jan 7, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 700-4
I’m about to do it on my 700-4. Were you able to do it without taking out your entire front diff?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I’m about to do it on my 700-4. Were you able to do it without taking out your entire front diff?
700 is different then the 1000 . When I did my 700 you still have to unbolt the front diff and slide it ahead as far as you can to seperate the shaft from the diff .You don't have to remove either front axle. You have plenty of room underneath to work and remove , install the seal. Wish the 1000 was access able from below like the 700 . The 1000 has protection plates welded underneath making it un access able from below.

J

JHat

Jan 7, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 700-4
Sorry for your trouble but thanks so much for the helpful information!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!