P1000 Dimension ?

G

Gsowder79

May 16, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So my family has just increased in size so the 2up Outlander will no longer cut it. I've decided on a Honda 1000-5 but it will need to fit in the toy hauler. The garage area is 10' long (should be good there) but the ceiling in front is 6'1 for 5' and then it raises to 8' for the rear 5'. So my ? Is with the rear roll bar removed (which doesn't look like a huge job with power tools) can I back it into the garage? Or will the front roll bar still hit 6'1 ceiling. Wish I could draw a pic to better explain but thanks for any help u can offer.

Reactions: sharp
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I could help but mine is lifted and bigger wheels. The 10’ length will be tight as it’s 4” short of that bone stock. With the rear roll cage removed and backing it in I don’t think you will clear before hitting the 6’ 1” part as the rear roll cage is only about 36-42” long. Maybe someone else will chime in that can go get accurate measurements for you

G

Gsowder79

May 16, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I also have an air compressor in the toy hauler so I might be able to gain an inch or 2 by deflating the tires during the haul.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my family has just increased in size so the 2up Outlander will no longer cut it. I've decided on a Honda 1000-5 but it will need to fit in the toy hauler. The garage area is 10' long (should be good there) but the ceiling in front is 6'1 for 5' and then it raises to 8' for the rear 5'. So my ? Is with the rear roll bar removed (which doesn't look like a huge job with power tools) can I back it into the garage? Or will the front roll bar still hit 6'1 ceiling. Wish I could draw a pic to better explain but thanks for any help u can offer.
Get a good run and start and just jamm it in there. It will be very tight, so when you unload it put it in 4wd, in reverse and mash on the gas and hopefully it will break the suction from loading and pop right out. Kinda like a wine cork.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000-5D is 74 inches at the rear of the front roll bar (mid way back) with no roof attached.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!