P500 Done Thanks for the opinions

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
First off thanks for all your great advice.
I finally got it to this point for now.
I ask I ask for the opinion between wood or steel with a 50/50 on what I should use.
I ended up with plywood painted with a rubber sealer on it.
I went with wood instead of steel(expanded) because off price and if I change my mind it won't be to hard to switch.
One issue on using it and I think that you would have to do it with steel I had to cut the piece in have to install it.
I may go a little taller on the sides not sure yet.
The reason on the height of the rack is I wanted it to have it to be short enough to go under the roll bar in back.
Now when I strap buckets to the roll bars they will sit flush.
One thing that a member mention was using a rubber mat that I would of never thought of it great suggestion I did install that and going to love it
IMG 0746IMG 0745

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think you did good, should have deadened noise a little to boot.

Reactions: sgerksinwi
J

Jshell3

Looks good... Did i mention how much I like the blue?
I also noticed that you painted the tops of the rails black and the sides blue. So when you look down, it all matches. Nice touch.
So how much $$$ have you got it the custom rack at this point?

Reactions: trigger
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good... Did i mention how much I like the blue?
I also noticed that you painted the tops of the rails black and the sides blue. So when you look down, it all matches. Nice touch.
So how much $$$ have you got it the custom rack at this point?
30 on metal
13 wood
Paint screws 10 ish
Mat 20 it's anti fatigue met from Menards

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks great! :)

A good exterior plywood will hold up for a long time. I have used it in casting decks on boats, where aluminum was too expensive and much harder for me to work with.

Reactions: sgerksinwi
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
So $75...?
Ya if you knew of someone with the mat material if would save big also got some metal left over maybe enough for sides if I chose
Didn't mean to be OCD on price but it shows if you have some of the material it would save $$$

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!