William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Somehow my passengers keep knocking off my rubber door bumpers and I have to buy more. This is my first attempt at securing them. Just cut a notch and zip tied them. I'm thinking a really small bolt washers and nut would do best though. I think I will drill a hole and run the zip tie through it next time instead of cutting notches. The net is off so the door is sagging a little in the pic.

IMG 8445 IMG 8446 IMG 8447

Reactions: 500oneer
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't mean to sound derogatory at all but what exactly does this accomplish? Are your doors rattling or something? You know there are two positions to the door latches right? Mine don't rattle when fully seated.

Reactions: rocmar
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
William is not the only one who has careless passengers knocking his door bumpers off and losing them. Don't ask me how I know...Honda charges almost $5 each plus tax and they are only about 50cents cheaper than that on Amazon.

Honda part number I think is 77206-GFO-000 $4.12 Each at Rocky Mountain ATV Plus Freight.(Not a Deal)

WB

Reactions: 500oneer
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't mean to sound derogatory at all but what exactly does this accomplish? Are your doors rattling or something? You know there are two positions to the door latches right? Mine don't rattle when fully seated.

In the op it states passengers keep knocking them off. I have lost 4 or 5 rubbers... getting annoying. No rattle, just trying to keep them from getting lost...

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
In the op it states passengers keep knocking them off. I have lost 4 or 5 rubbers... getting annoying. No rattle, just trying to keep them from getting lost...
Looked at my doors and can't see where the bumpers do much, kinda like Trigger said. In any case, I zip tied mine so they can't fall off, went through the middle of the rubber bumper where there is already a small hole with a small electrical zip tie. I'm not one of those millionaires someone on this forum alluded to, can't afford buying a bunch of bumpers. However, I did have a million when I bought the P500, now I'm on food stamps after buying all the accessories! LOL

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looked at my doors and can't see where the bumpers do much, kinda like Trigger said. In any case, I zip tied mine so they can't fall off, went through the middle of the rubber bumper where there is already a small hole with a small electrical zip tie. I'm not one of those millionaires someone on this forum alluded to, can't afford buying a bunch of bumpers. However, I did have a million when I bought the P500, now I'm on food stamps after buying all the accessories! LOL
You just reminded me to "keep it simple stupid".... gonna swap to your way of zip tying it through the middle so I don't have to cut them or drill them... without them my door rattles...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Got mine secured today..no more buying rubber door stops...

01E4D78D C86C 4D54 A766 8FDC2C0BFD0E 65E7F730 28F2 412D B783 8C8EE047C4A7

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What's funny is that when I saw this post I thought they were something you added. Now I'm realizing that these came stock on the machine? I can't remember ever seeing them on mine, I'll have to look. Mine were probably gone when I got it.

Reactions: William
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's funny is that when I saw this post I thought they were something you added. Now I'm realizing that these came stock on the machine? I can't remember ever seeing them on mine, I'll have to look. Mine were probably gone when I got it.

I was wondering what was going on... lol

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was wondering what was going on... lol

Well what do you know, I have one on each side in the lower position and neither of the uppers. I've had these doors and all hardware off a couple of times and never even knew they were supposed to be there. Sorry William, thought it was one of those crazy things that bugged one and not the rest.

Reactions: William

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!