P500 Home built bumpers

V

VoyagerXll

May 23, 2021
Bloomfield, NE
Ownership

1. 500
Greetings to all. This will be my first post on this forum. I have been on this site since I bought my 2018 P500 about two months ago. It was pretty basic as the previous owner stripped off all except the bigger tires and the stick stompers prior to selling it.
The P500 will be mainly used for checking cattle in the pastures as well as "normal"pasture care.........much easier on my old bones than my 2019 grizzly 450/EPS The width was a good selling point for me. It fits nicely on my trailer, and also is narrow enough to cross the "bridges" over the narrow mucky streams that need to be crossed to gain access to all areas of the pastures. I got tired of winching thru the muck so build the "bridge".
I built the bumper in the picture, which is kind of a copy of the Strong front bumper.
DSCN2784
The metal for the bumper came from metal from a long retired silage chopper so the cost was negligible .The silver screen was made from and old hammer mill screen. It can easily be removed if I decide to add a winch (not likely to happen).
Both bumpers were made from the piece of metal off of silage chopper and other scrap metal I had.
DSCN2785
The rear window and top were from Amazon and both fit nicely. I have also added Moose mirrors (cost $65.00) that I purchased with $100.00 gift card from the dealership, 1 gallon of oil and a filter took care of the remainder of the gift certificate. I am pleased with the mirror. I also have a 48 inch wide aluminum storage box for the rear rack which is waiting to get attached to the rear rack.
The windshield I bought on a consignment sale for $5.oo. I think it came off of a Polaris. I used a pool noodle to fill in the space between the hood and windshild.DSCN2787 I cut it down and made it work for me. Not pretty but functional. Total out of pocket cost for both bumpers mirrors and windshield was less than $10.00 I work really cheap and enjoy building useful things so I did not figure any labor in the cost
Stan from NE Nebraska

Last edited:
D

dmirwin80

Feb 18, 2022
Hart Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Can you send pics of how you mounted the rear bumper. Looking to do some thing on my 520

V

VoyagerXll

May 23, 2021
Bloomfield, NE
Ownership

1. 500
I fitted a 1.5X1.5 inch angle into the opening that is marked A . The white dots show where I welded some metal to the angle. The angle was not wide enough. to weld the bumper support. I hope the pics explain it better The blue arrows point to the 3/8 in bolts holding the angle inside the channel of the SXS. the green X is located on the bracket that goes back to the bumper. . Hope the pictures help If have questions let me know and I will try to explain in more detail now ti is getting late and need to get to bed so will attach the pics and get it posted The darkest pictures shows that the removal of some of the bumper support to get clearance for the doughnut shaped muffler attaching point. The orange color represents the angle inside the channel of the SXS.
.DSCN2801Inked1 LIInkedInkedDSCN2792 LIInkedInkedInkedScreenshot 2021 05 31 093739 LI

Reactions: DaddyDubbs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!