P500 Door Rattle at latch

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
Anyone experincing door rattling at idle. Curious if anyone has a fix for this. Between that and my air intake the noises are annoying,

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone experincing door rattling at idle. Curious if anyone has a fix for this. Between that and my air intake the noises are annoying,
I have 700 but I wrapped elec tape around the metal ring that the door latches too. Stops the metal on metal contact. It will wear eventulatly but take a while

Reactions: bobbyhill
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
its a dual latch set up close the door 1 click it rattles pull it in a little harder it clicks again and then no rattle or just 1 big hard close lol

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
Thanks! Just went out to the garage and I really need to slam it to get the double latch to lock. Guess I was not slamming it hard enough. Doors for sure dont rattle on double latch now. Thanks!!!!!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
you can close it soft then just give a sturdy tug

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! Just went out to the garage and I really need to slam it to get the double latch to lock. Guess I was not slamming it hard enough. Doors for sure dont rattle on double latch now. Thanks!!!!!
I did the following 2 things:
1- Adjusted the door latch. Loosen the 2 bolts holding the latch on the door. Close the door and make sure the latch fits right in the middle of the door knob latch. When adjusted, tighten the 2 bolts.
2- The thing preventing the door to latch on the second lock is the rubber buttons (2 for each door). I used a wrench en slightly bent the plate holding the rubbers towards the inside the P500. Don't bent it too much but just a little at the time until the door close firmly but easily.

That resolved my issue and the door is tight with no rattling.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jshell3
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I did the following 2 things:
1- Adjusted the door latch. Loosen the 2 bolts holding the latch on the door. Close the door and make sure the latch fits right in the middle of the door knob latch. When adjusted, tighten the 2 bolts.
2- The thing preventing the door to latch on the second lock is the rubber buttons (2 for each door). I used a wrench en slightly bent the plate holding the rubbers towards the inside the P500. Don't bent it too much but just a little at the time until the door close firmly but easily.

That resolved my issue and the door is tight with no rattling.

Hope this helps.

Yep, what he said. The rubber stops didnt come adjusted properly to engage the 2nd latch, only the 1st. Seem like almost everyone has this problem. I was able to fix mine by bending the rubber stop mount back with a crescent wrench. Doors latch perfect now.

Reactions: Jshell3
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Could someone take a picture of these rubber stops? I believe my P500 is missing them. The more I pull it the bike apart, the more issues I discover.

Reactions: JTW
R

Rustell

this should help..
Door stop

Reactions: doolin64
advertisement
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, you learn something every day. That sound was making me crazy too so I wrapped the bar with gorilla tape. I did not know you could get a second click out of it by just pulling it harder.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I found the part # the microfiche says there's 4 of them. Where's the second one on each side?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
I pulled the rubber stop off and shaved it a very small fraction on the grinding wheel. Put it back on and it works nicely.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I pulled the rubber stop off and shaved it a very small fraction on the grinding wheel. Put it back on and it works nicely.
I thought it was a thingy. :)

Reactions: trigger and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!