swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
So lately my doors are getting loose from age.
The only way to get them to not vibrate was to loosen the rubber stopper out sooo far that it would fall off. So this worked pretty good for me now for about 50 miles and 2 months.
I took a piece of red neoprene hose. "I would have used black if I had had some" I cut it 1/4" and ran a screw through it and the rubber stopper. I can screw the original stopper in the whole way now and the screw I used just snug and size wise to go down into the hose so the rubber Just touches. Made them pretty snug with no vibrating. Just thought I would share.

IMG 4745 IMG 4746

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can the doors be adjusted tighter? Mine rattle at day 1 brand new.. and extended all the way out. Thinking the door hinges can adjust some?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can the doors be adjusted tighter? Mine rattle at day 1 brand new.. and extended all the way out. Thinking the door hinges can adjust some?
Yes.... that rubber is threaded. Just loosen and turn out some. But just as much as you need or they fall out. You will turn them counter clockwise. Take them the whole way out to see how they work then screw them the whole way back in. Then practice loosening them and shutting doors and repeat till they get tight.
But practice cause the latch grabs in two positions.
Also check your latch bolts cause they often fall out or come loose on these 700s

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
My passenger side rattles a little I backed my stopper out and still does it some . I may try that hose trick.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Cheap fix. Go to your local big box stores and buy a set of the self adhesive rubber feet you put on the bottom of chair legs. Stick them to the door where the adjustable rubber stoppers touch it. I had to use two of them but the doors no longer rattle.

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello from the p1000 side of the forum. A lot of guys over there have had luck fixing their door rattles with these. A little pricey, but if my door rattles get bad enough I might fork over the cash.
WR Edition Door Bushing Kit - Honda Pioneer
I seen them, but it's not what's rattling on mine. My latches were jiggling.
Cheap fix. Go to your local big box stores and buy a set of the self adhesive rubber feet you put on the bottom of chair legs. Stick them to the door where the adjustable rubber stoppers touch it. I had to use two of them but the doors no longer rattle.
That's a good Idea too

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just bent the bracket out the rubber stop is on all fixed .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!