P1000 Doors and Dust?

R

RLash230

Jan 22, 2020
northern CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,

I have two 1000le's that are driven on dusty roads. The windshield generates a vortex around the cab and pumps dust from the back into the seating area. I was wondering if anyone has just front-doors and if this helps push the dust farther back where the dust does not flood the cab?

The other option is a full-cab but would rather not go that route....

Many thanks,

Randy

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sealing the doors doesn’t really help. Full can would help. Biggest thing is having windshield open. Also center and/or rear window helps a lot.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mid panel makes huge difference soft or hard
Hello all,

I have two 1000le's that are driven on dusty roads. The windshield generates a vortex around the cab and pumps dust from the back into the seating area. I was wondering if anyone has just front-doors and if this helps push the dust farther back where the dust does not flood the cab?

The other option is a full-cab but would rather not go that route....

Many thanks,

Randy

Reactions: Remington
J

Jim6

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys - Go to coversandall.com and you can get custom made heavy duty mesh tarps and clear vinyl tarps. I would send a picture but I don't have one at the moment. But I got a clear vinly tarp and a mesh one with metal gromments every 6 inches. Then I ordered 4" and 6" ball straps on amazon and it holds up great and doesn't let dust in with my windsheild up. Also I can tow with the black mesh one on and not have to take it on and off every time.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Can you tow on an open trailer with this mesh screen installed?

Honestly I think you could. However it would be full of bugs. I have and enclosed trailer for my rig, but it holds up great at 65 on the highway under its own power.

it has zippers on both pillars and it’s pretty easy to remove.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly I think you could. However it would be full of bugs. I have and enclosed trailer for my rig, but it holds up great at 65 on the highway under its own power.

it has zippers on both pillars and it’s pretty easy to remove.
This is good to know, thanks. Jay

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If u want to run w the windshield,go to page four and read the thread answer to dust.not perfect.but anything u do to seal the gaps behind the ft tires,helps

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!