P1000 Upper Doors

Pirata

Pirata

Jul 20, 2023
2nd Star to the Right
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Is there an inexpensive option for upper doors for a 1000 crew. I am specifically looking at a snap or bolt on to the existing lower doors to keep the wind out once the fall/winter get here. Easy on in the fall and easy off in the spring. They don't really need to create an air or watertight seal just something better than open air.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's still pretty early in its life cycle to have any other options than the overpriced OEM accessories, check w 3star, I got a kit for the P5 we had that worked well. Maybe they have something in the works for the P1K6.

Pirata

Pirata

Jul 20, 2023
2nd Star to the Right
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
It's still pretty early in its life cycle to have any other options than the overpriced OEM accessories, check w 3star, I got a kit for the P5 we had that worked well. Maybe they have something in the works for the P1K6.
[URL

For sure for sure newer models are quite limited in options. Hopefully they start looking into doors as the fall gets colder and hunters want to stay warmer. Thank for the link.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You asked for "inexpensive option for upper doors" and "something better than open air"
You could always make your own, I did.
This will be my 3rd winter with mine.
Is it a pain getting in and out?
Yep, but then again, I'm in no hurry and I'm out of the wind plowing snow.
Have a good day

Last edited:
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there an inexpensive option for upper doors for a 1000 crew. I am specifically looking at a snap or bolt on to the existing lower doors to keep the wind out once the fall/winter get here. Easy on in the fall and easy off in the spring. They don't really need to create an air or watertight seal just something better than open air.
This could be a little much, but hey, you only go around once. P1000 - Pioneer 1000- 6 Full Enclosure/Hard Cab

Also: Honda Pioneer 1000-5/1000-6 Full Cab Enclosure for Hard Windshield

Reactions: Pirata and ChadD
Pirata

Pirata

Jul 20, 2023
2nd Star to the Right
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
You asked for "inexpensive option for upper doors" and "something better than open air"
You could always make your own, I did.
This will be my 3rd winter with mine.
Is it a pain getting in and out?
Yep, but then again, I'm in no hurry and I'm out of the wind plowing snow.
Have a good day
Thank you. Shower curtain, great idea. I will look at adding something like a door frame out of tent poles or pvc pipe. I am not someone who normally gets cold but I am mainly thinking of my family so I'd get stink eye from my other half if it was a pain getting in /out.

Pirata

Pirata

Jul 20, 2023
2nd Star to the Right
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: Smitty335
MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I built these, plywood and plexi glass.

Image Left Right Image

MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those freaking rock! Way way way easier to open and close the door. I might get creative with some plywood. They look to be screwed onto the door. What thickness of plywood did you use?
3/4"plywood routered out for the 1/8" plexiglass, biscuits in the plywood bevel joint and 2" fiberglass strip on both sides, 3/4" square tubing twisted and bent to get the right shape, grooved the edge and added weatherstrip, attached to the bottom door with rivet nuts, bent a plexiglass triangle for the front area.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3/4"plywood routered out for the 1/8" plexiglass, biscuits in the plywood bevel joint and 2" fiberglass strip on both sides, 3/4" square tubing twisted and bent to get the right shape, grooved the edge and added weatherstrip, attached to the bottom door with rivet nuts, bent a plexiglass triangle for the front area.
And probably seals better than the factory doors.

They look great

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice work

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Jesus thats a bargain!
Depends upon how durable they are and how long they last. Personally, I've found that some of the Kemimoto products are pretty good, but some are junk.

The installation doesn't sound like it's very durable:

The soft upper window is pretty to install. Just simply wrap the straps around the package, rip off the white backing, and stick it to the door panel. It is the perfect accessories for protecting your vehicle from the elements all year round.

Rip off the white backing and stick to the door? Yikes!

The fronts only appear to have two or three Velcro straps (fingers) that go around the ROPS along the windshield. My CEC enclosure has l like a dozen on the front upper section alone. Seems like this one would have huge gaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!