P1000 Honda upper doors -

R

Rubicon20

Dec 3, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone that has the factory Honda doors - the nutsert that you put in door to hold doors down sits crooked and it’s damn near impossible to get that bolt started - any secrets or tips that will help? I’ve had them on 2 of Pioneers and struggled with both -

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
any secrets or tips
Lots of cursing! 😂
seriously, lots of cursing.
If u lined up and drilled and aren’t lined up, your kind a fubared and have to man handle it to get it lined up. Dont grunt too hard or youll get a hernia 😂

Got any pics of the situation? It will help to maybe do something different

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have same problem on my P1K5, the top of the door is sloped (not level) and when setting the nutsert it is angled.
I tried pulling out on top of the door frame and then trying to start the bolt no luck.
Sure would be nice to find a solution for this poor design.

R

Rubicon20

Dec 3, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don’t mind the Honda doors - I just hate this part:). I was thinking about making the hole larger on the door frames so I have a little more play to see if that may help some. They will stay on without this bolt but I’d like it to be correct -

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What generation doors do you have?
I have first gen, takes minutes to mount to the door.
Change the lower bolts to a longer bolt. thread them in a few turns then attach door.
Attach the pull handle, cinch all 8 bolts down. Takes minutes. With the keyholes on the mount, it goes real easy.

R

Rubicon20

Dec 3, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Both sets have been 2nd gen doors. The 2nd Gen only take seconds to take off if you can get this bolt to work easily

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran into the same problem with mine when I installed them. I ended up just carefully drilling out the aluminum on the window frame to a bigger size to help with installation. It really doesn't matter that it is bigger hole, it just allows it be installed easier and keeps the upper to be pulled down just the same. When I installed a set on my friends rig later I paid a little more attention where to drill the hole for the rivet nut and his is easier to put on.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ran into the same problem with mine when I installed them. I ended up just carefully drilling out the aluminum on the window frame to a bigger size to help with installation. It really doesn't matter that it is bigger hole, it just allows it be installed easier and keeps the upper to be pulled down just the same. When I installed a set on my friends rig later I paid a little more attention where to drill the hole for the rivet nut and his is easier to put on.
I did the same to my door frame.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same to my door frame.
There is just enough angle to the top of the door that makes it tough unless you mark it and drill it in the right spot. There is alot of time I don't even put the thumb screw in because it might be 10 degrees 1 day and 60 the next around my place and I take them off and on.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There is just enough angle to the top of the door that makes it tough unless you mark it and drill it in the right spot. There is alot of time I don't even put the thumb screw in because it might be 10 degrees 1 day and 60 the next around my place and I take them off and on.
My thumb screws are a thing of the past. They popped off and I have to use a allen head socket now

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!