P1000 armor tech doors vs Honda doors

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Honda doors on my P 1000-5, they dont seal very well on the bottom, does anybody have armor tech doors that seal good on bottom, in the winter I get snow drifting in the bottom when I.m driving, I have tracks,how do the armor tech seal up? anybody, thanks

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i dont have them, but have the honda doors with soft uppers. not that happy with them, but they work. i saw a suggestion to add tailgate weatherstripping to close up gaps, and that has helped a lot. bought off amazon for under 20 bucks as i recall.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i dont have them, but have the honda doors with soft uppers. not that happy with them, but they work. i saw a suggestion to add tailgate weatherstripping to close up gaps, and that has helped a lot. bought off amazon for under 20 bucks as i recall.
I've been told if you move South the air is thicker and doesn't as bad?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Honda doors on my P 1000-5, they dont seal very well on the bottom, does anybody have armor tech doors that seal good on bottom, in the winter I get snow drifting in the bottom when I.m driving, I have tracks,how do the armor tech seal up? anybody, thanks
If you are using the half doors with soft uppers, use a tailgate seal like I show below. The ones I installed are still working today. They will stop the snow from coming in on the bottoms.

Thread 'Vikes79 Hardwater Honda build'
P1000 - Vikes79 Hardwater Honda build

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you are using the half doors with soft uppers, use a tailgate seal like I show below. The ones I installed are still working today. They will stop the snow from coming in on the bottoms.

Thread 'Vikes79 Hardwater Honda build'
P1000 - Vikes79 Hardwater Honda build
if that machine was green, id say those were my pics. haha used the same stuff and it's kept the heat in and cold out the past couple winters! and still holding on (wiped dirty plastic doors down with a good degreaser before applying)

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are running tracks, running boards and mud buster type of fender flares are the only way to keep the snow out. I now have the rear snow flap running all the way back to the ROPS
IMG 8075

H

HondaTech

Are you running Honda full hard doors or just soft uppers?

Reactions: Smitty335
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
where did you get the running boards?i have mud busters on it
I went to a local tin whacker, he made me two lengths .100 aluminum with a 1" x 1" lip I cut and bent the rest. I welded up a 1"x1" frame under the running board and bolted that to the frame. I got the snow flaps from a local rubber supply place. It' 1/4" conveyor belt

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!