Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I read thru a bunch of your older posts and it seems you liked the Achilles Desert Hawk. Do you still enjoy them and recommend them?
Forgot what size wheel you run, J, but:

Achilles Desert Hawk 30x9.5x15 XMT for $147 ea and free shipping @ Amazon (seller Priority Tire appears better rated than SimpleTire). They also have a web presence.

They are only a 6-ply tire, so you may want to keep that in mind since you're gonna be on the trails a lot.

Never trust a guy from the Stockbridge area! 🤣

Seriously, I would have gone with these on @Remington 's recommendation, but wanted a heavier ply tire.

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Forgot what size wheel you run, J, but:

Achilles Desert Hawk 30x9.5x15 XMT for $147 ea and free shipping @ Amazon (seller Priority Tire appears better rated than SimpleTire). They also have a web presence.

They are only a 6-ply tire, so you may want to keep that in mind since you're gonna be on the trails a lot.

Never trust a guy from the Stockbridge area! 🤣

Seriously, I would have gone with these on @Remington 's recommendation, but wanted a heavier ply tire.

Thank you both. I recently was able to obtain some 15" wheels and I have been looking at the DOT tires for at home use so my Intimidators will be my trail set. Currently I am debating between the Achilles 235/75r15 for $115 from simpletire and the Achilles 30x9.50r15 from megaauto for $124. I am leaning towards the 30s because I see it as a test opportunity. I wanted 30 inch intimidators but was worried the size and weight on the trails might be too much for the pioneer. But if the pioneer handles the 30 inch Achilles I may upgrade to the 30 inch intimidators.

I was originally looking at the Forceum (they are cheaper) but I keep finding more information about the Achilles online than the Forceum, and it seems people are happy with the Achilles.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you both. I recently was able to obtain some 15" wheels and I have been looking at the DOT tires for at home use so my Intimidators will be my trail set. Currently I am debating between the Achilles 235/75r15 for $115 from simpletire and the Achilles 30x9.50r15 from megaauto for $124. I am leaning towards the 30s because I see it as a test opportunity. I wanted 30 inch intimidators but was worried the size and weight on the trails might be too much for the pioneer. But if the pioneer handles the 30 inch Achilles I may upgrade to the 30 inch intimidators.

I was originally looking at the Forceum (they are cheaper) but I keep finding more information about the Achilles online than the Forceum, and it seems people are happy with the Achilles.
The Achilles i have are the MT 30x9.5x15 had them just over 4 yrs pd $104 ea on amazon now (FJB)
They have been on pavemnt, RRB 3 times, drummond, Michigan sugar sand, michigan swamps, the fallen trees and braches to my deer stand and the Alpine loop in CO. No punctures and performed very well no complaints. The 6 ply is fine and has out preformed my UTV tires any day of the week. I still have 3/4 tred on them and over 3k miles on them. Take that for what its worth.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for your input! I think the Achilles will make a good investment.

The Achilles i have are the MT 30x9.5x15 had them just over 4 yrs pd $104 ea on amazon now (FJB)
They have been on pavemnt, RRB 3 times, drummond, Michigan sugar sand, michigan swamps, the fallen trees and braches to my deer stand and the Alpine loop in CO. No punctures and performed very well no complaints. The 6 ply is fine and has out preformed my UTV tires any day of the week. I still have 3/4 tred on them and over 3k miles on them. Take that for what its worth.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!