P1000 Dual batt instal question!

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is pretty stupid but I installed my dual battery kit today with key on harness to a stinger then to a fuse box for accessories... keying on I can hear the stinger engage so I'm assuming that's right. Now, with the true isolator, when does the blue light go off? Even with the key out the light is still on. I get that it has to do with the main and aux battery's held voltage. But when should it be on and when should it be off?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It may take a few minutes for the voltage to drop to below 12.7 volts. that's roughly when the isolator should separate the batteries( blue light off).
To test test it turn on your key without starting the machine, then turn on the factory headlights on high beams . when either battery drops below the predetermined voltage the blue light will go out(open) the connection between the batteries.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The blue light will go off once both batteries get below their overcharged states or to the "resting voltage".
This is usually around 12.7v.

But, if you ordered the CM kit with the voltmeter and relay, you can connect the small black wire to the second green wire. This will make it only work when the key is ON.

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The blue light will go off once both batteries get below their overcharged states or to the "resting voltage".
This is usually around 12.7v.

But, if you ordered the CM kit with the voltmeter and relay, you can connect the small black wire to the second green wire. This will make it only work when
What is the CM kit? This one was from the store here. True isolator kit with dual meter, and key in wiring harness.

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes, that's it. Sorry.. CM is Connect and Monitor kit. The one with the volt meter.

When you wire up the relay you will have a spare unused green wire. You can connect it to the black wire of the isolator as the ground point. Then, the isolator will only function when the key is on.

This works great for ensuring the key-off connection is cut between the 2 batteries.
BUT, when using a battery tender, you will need to charge both batteries as you somewhat disabled the automatic function.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!