Reactions: Biteme
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the one from Elite SXS Engineering. They all copied each other so all pretty much the same thing.
49762151982 48a0527c06 b 1

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone know of a company that makes one without all the gaudy and goofy logos all over?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone know of a company that makes one without all the gaudy and goofy logos all over?
It's under the hood, you'll never see it.

Because another poster was concerned about heat damage to the battery sitting right behind the radiator, he put his under the hood cowling behind the plastic firewall, I'm going to follow his lead eventually.

In here -
I xm7w6rt L

but behind this -
I MktLHPL L

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Because another poster was concerned about heat damage to the battery sitting right behind the radiator, he put his under the hood cowling behind the plastic firewall, I'm going to follow his lead eventually.
That was probably me. 40+ years of mechanics and knowing that heat is a batteries worse enemy tell me a battery behind a hot radiator is not going to last very long. I put the battery behind an insulated firewall I built. Details in this thread starting here...

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That was probably me. 40+ years of mechanics and knowing that heat is a batteries worse enemy tell me a battery behind a hot radiator is not going to last very long. I put the battery behind an insulated firewall I built. Details in this thread starting here...

I thought it was probably you but didn't want to name drop if I was remembering incorrectly. Thanks for the follow up and link. 👍

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Im just going to say that battery will never get hot enough from the radiator to be any worse than most cars / trucks.

FFS it’s open to the air on the sides.

Not to mention mud, water etc.

Reactions: Iowamike

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!