Dual Battery Gauge Install

S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am installing a Dual LED voltage meter in my 2021 Talon R. Is there a ground available that only connects when the key is on? Wiring it as per the instructions the LED gauge is always on. Works real good as a battery drain. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: ChadD
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am installing a Dual LED voltage meter in my 2021 Talon R. Is there a ground available that only connects when the key is on? Wiring it as per the instructions the LED gauge is always on. Works real good as a battery drain. Any help would be appreciated.
That's what the relay is for, to switch the ground control off and on, there's no other way to get a switched ground. eta: other than to add a separate/manual toggle switch.

The orange thing, top center, is the relay -

Last edited:
S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That make sense. It would have been nice if the instructions had included that info. Thanks

Reactions: ChadD and CID
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That make sense. It would have been nice if the instructions had included that info. Thanks
IIRC, the kit I bought from the Hondasxs.com club store a couple years ago included those instructions.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!