Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Thank You. Honda Part # 0SK12-HL6-A00 Trailing Arm Mud Guards - List is $151.95 but I didn't pay that much. They mount to the tabs outboard of your trailing arms.

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank You. Honda Part # 0SK12-HL6-A00 Trailing Arm Mud Guards - List is $151.95 but I didn't pay that much. They mount to the tabs outboard of your trailing arms.
I traded my orange ‘22 R for the ‘23 R LV. Had 2200 miles on the orange machine. Trailing arms were knicked up from (what I assume) the gravel roads I was on. Do you think they would help much?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Probably, but more for debris being strewn towards the engine and trans. I bought Ricochet Skids which came with very nice bolt on trailing arm guards/armor that hopefully eliminates most of the scrapes and debris to the bottom and sides of the trailing arms. I'll fire you photos sometime tomorrow

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I traded my orange ‘22 R for the ‘23 R LV. Had 2200 miles on the orange machine. Trailing arms were knicked up from (what I assume) the gravel roads I was on. Do you think they would help much?
Take a look @ Trail Armor. 1/2" UHMW full skid plate set, trailing arm guards, and front a-arm guards. Arguably the best stuff on the planet besides Yuengling, sliced bread, and oxygen.

There is a 10% off code if you find it on our web site ... 😁

Ok, I won't make you look ... the discount code is 10OVER250 (10% off total purchase over $250)

Link for all three for your 2023 1000R FLV:
(2022 fits 2023 - they haven't updated their web site yet)

I went with the skid plate set with the wrap around sides, not the trimmed sides. Those will have to be modified if I decide to install tree kickers, but I'd rather start with them and have to trim them than NOT get them and ... well ... you can't ADD plastic later.

Last edited:
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Received a text from dealer day before yesterday that tune has been installed and the Talon Rips. Waiting on a few more pieces to complete including installing spare tire carrier on this one. Anyone holding a set of factory wheel takeoff's for '23/'24 Live Valve?

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!