JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have my tablet mounted up on the ROPS above the windshield. It is powered via a USB cable so I want to add a USB port up there somewhere. Anyone have any ideas on a good way to do this? All the USB ports I find are either rocker switch size or the ones designed to go into a round hole in the dash.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
I have my tablet mounted up on the ROPS above the windshield. It is powered via a USB cable so I want to add a USB port up there somewhere. Anyone have any ideas on a good way to do this? All the USB ports I find are either rocker switch size or the ones designed to go into a round hole in the dash.
For my rear view mirror I hard wired a long usb cable to an auxbeam input

JayPo

JayPo

Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
For my rear view mirror I hard wired a long usb cable to an auxbeam input

I'm more looking for mounting ideas for a USB port. I don't want a long USB cable routed from under the hood to the tablet because USB cables always go bad. I'll route the accessory 12V into some type of USB port (like this or this or this or something else?). I just can't figure a good way to mount any of these up there.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I did this in my P1K5:

I bought one of these for the housing and wiring only:

Attwood 11862-6 Universal 12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket Outlet for Marine/RV with Mounting Kit, Black

... then swapped the 12V socket for one of those round USB charger sockets (the blades on the back are the same), then I mounted the housing directly to the back of RAM tablet holder.

Last edited:
JayPo

JayPo

Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I did this in my P1K5:

I bought one of these for the housing and wiring only:

Attwood 11862-6 Universal 12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket Outlet for Marine/RV with Mounting Kit, Black

... then swapped the 12V socket for one of those round USB charger sockets (the blades on the back are the same), then I mounted the housing directly to the back of RAM tablet holder.
I have a different Ram tablet mount that doesn't have a nice place to mount the housing like yours, but I might can rig something up similar. Thanks.

Reactions: EMAW and Mopower58
JayPo

JayPo

Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Fixed yet another rattle on the JAH. The drivers door rattled because it did not close tightly. I adjusted the door latch inside the door but there is not enough adjustment allowed to make the door close tight so it still rattles. So I put one of those round felt pads that goes on furniture feet on the door where it meets the rubber stopper on the unit. Door is now quiet.

Update: see this post for the more better fix to the door rattle

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Fixed yet another rattle on the JAH. The drivers door rattled because it did not close tightly. I adjusted the door latch inside the door but there is not enough adjustment allowed to make the door close tight so it still rattles. So I put one of those round felt pads that goes on furniture feet on the door where it meets the rubber stopper on the unit. Door is now quiet.
POIDH

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is a rubber bumper that you can adjust (turn in/out).

advertisement
JayPo

JayPo

Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
There is a rubber bumper that you can adjust (turn in/out).
Thanks EMAW. I didn't realize that bumper was adjustable. I moved it out a little bit and no more door rattle 👍

POIDH